Best cabelas long range scope $1000

DonVathome

Very Active Member
Went to post this and saw other similar post following it too.

I have a Cabelas credit of $3,000. $1,000 is allocated for a rifle scope for a 300 mag.

For hunting, I want to be able to adjust for windage and elevation but I do not want something that is really complicated and requires a ton of practice.

Something for shots to 500 yards - not antelope. In other words I am not concerned about perfection.

Again for hunting and simple to use, sturdy and easy to understand.

Ideas?

Also variable power and I like low end to be 2X if possible, 3x ok. High end 9x or maybe a little more.

Lightweight important too.

I have a vari x 4 4-14 cds on my 300 win mag, but I like the vai x 6 3-18 30 mm cds and it is lite weight.

For your specific requirements I'd say a Nightforce shv 3-12 or a vx6 2-12 with cds. I'd lean toward the SHV but it's not as lightweight.

>
> I have
>a vari x 4
>4-14 cds on my 300
>win mag, but I like
>the vai x 6
>3-18 30 mm cds
>and it is lite weight.
>
I think they are around $1200 but I think if you look around you can find them for $900-$1000,

Use a turret for elevation and reticle for windage. In a hunting scope, a Leupold with CDS and Wind plex would be ideal. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-16 AT 04:32PM (MST)[p]Zeiss conquest with the rapid z 800 reticle crystal clear glass, high quality as expected from zeiss. Lifetime warranty. What I like about it is that it has the drop down pins out to 800 yards. Out at the range we shoot side by side with guys who spend 2-3k on rifle scopes. And go ping for ping with them on the metal targets.

>Use a turret for elevation and
>reticle for windage. In a
>hunting scope, a Leupold with
>CDS and Wind plex would
>be ideal. mtmuley

This ^^

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom