Best Binoc for under $200?

nmelktrout

Very Active Member
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get my girlfriend a decent pair of optics for the upcoming season. I know I'm limited by this price cap but am looking for the best quality for under $200.00. I know a bit about my higher end optics (and price ranges), but was wondering what opinions/epxerience you guys might have in this range of optics. Is there even anything worth getting? She's shot a bit of big game but never had anything better than a $15 dollar pair of Tascos...and, with her game eyes I would like to get her something somewhat better.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
-Cody

I use 7x35 nikon actions. The clarity in them and their light gathering capabilities keep me seeing game in the morning and at night when others can't.

Something in the Vortex line would be perfect. I bought my wife/kids a pair of 10x42 Diamondbacks last year. Great optics, especially for the price.

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.

Agree about the Vortex line!! I own a pair of the Vortex Diamondbacks and they are as good, and maybe better, than the $300 Nikon and Leupold binoculars that are in the same quality category as the Diamondback.

You can find the Diamondbacks on the internet for about $210. They have a no questions asked lifetime warranty as well!

Scott

Take a look at the new Nikon Trailblazer ATB.
Waterproof, fogproof, roof prism.
8x42- $149
10x50- $179

Leupold Yosemite 6x30 for about $80 or the 8x30 for about $100. Very good optics and on par with the Leupold Katmai 8x32 which costs about $350. Difference is that they are porro prism design.

Also, the Nikon Actions are really nice for the money. Porros can produce a clearer image for the money particularly on the "lower end" glass wise.

Personally, I like roof prisms for their compactness and ruggedness. If you can get an 8x42 Vortex Diamondback for the $200 range of money, you should be doing well.

That said, Doug has the Vortex Fury which is a nice phase corrected roof prism for just a little bit more than the money you mention and I believe you would be very happy with them too.

Doug also has the Olympus Magellans which is a Phase corrected Water proof roof prism bino that is said to be performing way above its price at $189.

Doug at Camerland is terrific to work with and can definitely help you find what you need.

Firehawk

Didn't realize this when I posted it first, but I just read where the Diamondbacks are Phase Corrected as well. For the money you are talking about, you would be hard pressed to find a better bino for the money considering their awesome warranty and customer service.

From what I have read, the Diamondback performs very well in its price range.

Cowslayer here locally (Salt Lake area) is also a Vortex dealer and he treated me well on my Vortex Razors.

Good luck! Let us know what you decide to do.

Firehawk

Bass Pros Visios are really sweet glass for that price range.
hunterrunningfrombearlgclr5ju.gif

Thanks guys, I appreciate the valuable input and will do some more research on your reccs. I will also definitely try to do my business with the aforementioned retailers,

Apreciate it,

Cody

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom