Best ARC rangefinder??

I believe that is a decent range finder, I almost went with the bushnell. I went instead with the nikon riflehunter 550 and would highly recommend it. It has both the rifle and bowhunting modes. I have ranged elk out to almost 650 yards and the bow hunting mode works from 0-99 yards for angle adjustments.

>I believe that is a decent
>range finder, I almost went
>with the bushnell. I went
>instead with the nikon riflehunter
>550 and would highly recommend
>it. It has both the
>rifle and bowhunting modes. I
>have ranged elk out to
>almost 650 yards and the
>bow hunting mode works from
>0-99 yards for angle adjustments.
>

I agree. Mine is used a lot for archery practice, a few times a week at least, and it is still on its original battery that is now over a year old.

I have the generation before that one from Bushnell, the Scout 1000 ARC. I have had good success with it. I think after 2 years I have had to replace the battery. It does a good job ranging targets in all weather. I hit a target out to about 125 yards in a quarter sized snowflake snowstorm.
WVBOWAK

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still not sure which one I'll buy but sounds like they're both pretty good. Anyone else recommend others??

Actually another question...I remember reading about one a few months ago that I think had a red number display for lower light situations, anyone know what one that is or heard of it?? I can't remember.

GO KOBE GO!!

~Z~

I think the one you are talking about is a Leupold, I don't remember which model though. I have the Nikon Riflehunter 550 and it works great.

I also have the Nikon 550. I really like it. I would recommend it. Good luck. I know I looked through a lot of them before I bought mine. My dad has the small Leica 1200 yard one and I like mine better.

LAST EDITED ON May-18-10 AT 08:11AM (MST)[p]I found out what the one I couldn't remember the name of is and ordered the Nikon Archer's Choice Max from Cameraland. Thanks for your help Doug!!

GO KOBE GO!!

~Z~

I used to have a Nikon but switched to the Leupold RX 1000. I like the red display as it works well in lower light. On the flip side it is harder to read when it is very bright out. I'm happy I made the switch though.

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

Nikon isn't releasing the Archer's Choice Max until July or later so I changed my order to the Nikon RifleHunter 550. Thanks for the recommendation fellas!!

GO KOBE GO!!

~Z~

I'm also looking for a rangefinder, mostly for bowhunting as I've never bowhunted before and assume this would be "essential". I would also want it for rifle hunting too but wasn't sure if I'll have to compromise. Looking at Nikons website, it looks like the new Archers Max would only be good out to 200 yds so it seems like it wouldn't work for rifle. Does the Nikon Riflehunter 550 do a good job for both? I couldn't tell from the website if you need to switch anything to go from bow to rifle ranges?? Seems like you usually have to compromise if you want to double up and my uneducated guess would be that it might not be the best for archery as implied by the name. Any opionions on this??

My Nikon 550 was waiting for me today when I got home from the cabin. After playing with it for oh about 5 minutes I've got it down. I think it's pretty sweet!! .2 yard increments out to 99 yards and 1 yard increments out to 550. The modes are very easy to switch around the I'm sure it does more than I know yet. I'm most happy with how clear and sharp the view is for a 6x!! Well worth my money :)

GO KOBE GO!!

~Z~

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom