Best anti-fog for binoculars

fuzzyvelvet

I am looking for a good product to decrease fogging of binoculars in cold weather. I noticed Cabelas has a product called Parkers Perfect Solution. It has mixed reviews. Anyone used it on binoculars? Any other products to consider? Thanks.

Fuzzy

i have used scope dope and other anti fog products but i havent found one that works really well. they all work better than nothing. the best way ive found to keep them fog free is to keep them inside a cover like the crooked horn bino shield. if they are quality binocs they wont for on the inside, they fog when your breath condenses on them so keep them covered and low on your chest. always wear them on the furthest outside layer. dont put a coat over them or your body heat will fog them up.

Do not waste your money on Parkers. I tried it for three weeks, fogged up every time, even followed their directions, no help. I have tried lots of stuff for years. Spent month bowhunting in September, tried something different and it actually worked every day. It is called "Viz Wiz" and is made by Birchwood/Casey. I will be using it again in two weeks. Used it on my Swaros and Zeiss optics. Worked great on both. Only draw back so far is it has a strong scent, not good for bowhunters. However I worked around that problem by putting it on at night. By morning scent was gone and it still lasted through out the entire day. Viz Wiz came in a small plastic spray container, 2 oz., and was an excellent cleaner as well. Found it in a sporting goods shop.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom