Best 6 pack for the buck.

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-16 AT 01:45AM (MST)[p]Thinking about getting a new grocery getter 6 pack. New? Used? GM, Ford? Will not buy foreign even though I hate labor unions almost as much as foreign. Wife's trailblazer is pushing 200k miles and I'm guessing will give up the ghost any day. Also contemplating a suburban or tahoe.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Haven't We already had this Discussion?

That little STASH of CASH you've been Hiding could get you a Kiss if you brought this home for Lil Red!

20222015fordf250kingranch.jpg

[font color="blue"]They Shot Him in the Back AKA 'LaVoyed Him'!
[/font]

Love my Yukon Denali, 45. Bought it used with 44k miles on it. It's over 200k miles, 11 years old and still kickin'. Never had serious problems with it. K1 drives it now- he put subs in the back and he's bumping as he hauls everyone around. The mom ride turned teen wagon! Great in the snow and can pull smaller trailers. Ol' Helga has served us well! Seats 7. I've hauled a lot of kids to countless tournaments and off on little adventures.

Escalade

Or

You could trade a hummer for a Hummer

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

"Escalade"

+1, My good buddy Larrbo, his wife drives one of these, has for years now and she's still very happy with the same ol rig. Classy ride for precious cargo in mixed weather!

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

I researched the things I cared about. Such as how the 4x4 axles give traction (many designs & opinions), Towing, MPG, Technology, Interior room for Gear or People in comfort. It would be hard to buy a bad; New Vehicle.
9300newfordlariat.jpg

Backseats offer more room than many vehicles front seats

454620151018114113.jpg

7106mom3.jpg

252320151018115638.jpg

Short list on basics and, these are not known to break

7764mom4.jpg

However, what I really want is a WWII Jeep.

>Escalade
>
>Or
>
>You could trade a hummer for
>a Hummer
>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I
>just stir it.[/font]

That as Nice as You can be NVB?

I mean!

If you were Talkin SMACK to me I Ain't got a Problem with it!

[/font]

>I researched the things I cared
>about. Such as how the
>4x4 axles give traction (many
>designs & opinions), Towing, MPG,
>Technology, Interior room for Gear
>or People in comfort. It
>would be hard to buy
>a bad; New Vehicle.
>
9300newfordlariat.jpg

>
>Backseats offer more room than many
>vehicles front seats
>
>
454620151018114113.jpg

>
>
7106mom3.jpg

>
>
252320151018115638.jpg

>
>Short list on basics and, these
>are not known to break
>
>
>
7764mom4.jpg

>
>However, what I really want is
>a WWII Jeep.

These New trucks like this one will Damn near Drive itself!

Might be what Lil Red needs sometimes!

[/font]

Not everything is about you Bess. Besides I don't want to trade a hummer from you for anything. Pretty sure 1911 doesn't either.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

elkassassin; I will go out on a limb and say "Thank You" Sir, for the apparent approval of the Truck.

The Paint already has scratches (tiny) from hauling 10 Bails of Oat Hay at a time for my Daughters FFA Beef (in the backyard). Plus Ducks, Chickens and bags of feeds. I have a Trailer I could use but the Hay Barn is only 5 minutes away. I could have easily got the Long Bed but didn't want or need it. The darn thing can out accelerate the Wife's Cadillac with it's Twin Turbo's. MPG = 17+ and close to 20 if cruising.

I have been chewed-out for heaps of Mud on the Carpet floor boards and advised to get the molded floor inserts. Everyone has advice but heck, it's a Truck.

I still don't know how to open the rear sliding glass and the Manuals, well....I'll read them.

This has been the Hunting and Everything Vehicle since 1994.

928620160225170730.jpg

It's a 1987 3/4 ton 4x4, No Radio, No Heat (well some), No Air and it has been seemingly everywhere off road, in Cities and taken to College by one child. Now the youngest drives it to high School and all the kids say they have never seen such a Monster.

But they were Born about the time I got the Suburban in a State auction with a new Engine and other things, all for $4000.

If the New Truck can do so good, it will be passed down after I am gone. I would never have imagined 20-30 years ago that someday a Truck will drive and seem to handle like a Ferrari and be Computer smart. Even the Glass has stereo/sound layers.

It sure spoils us. The Wife drives the Expedition when there's kids, cargo and we thought "It" was Luxury. Now it seems akin to the 87 Suburban.

Hope some of this helps 1911. I am sure Chevy & Dodge plus many others would/could be just dandy.

PS: elkassassin, I read more than I post and you seem to be a great guy.

Don't let him fool ya hunterdad, he's a real horses ass when you get to know him a bit! :D :D

I see only this end....
12820151031113717.jpg

And I try to be nice, kind, understanding and Humble. I've been in school all my life but never Graduated the University of Brevity.

I came to Campfire because of sageadvice. He's my life-long Hero.

I have lots to learn before folks know me and I become friends with others. I appreciate the warning. If elkassassin becomes a Horses behind, I'll tie him up next to a Mule. Yet I doubt anyone will upset me. But I will be your best friend if you invite me Elk Hunting :)

I need a "FALL" destiny.

Well Jag!

That little Eco-Boost is a Sweet Runnin little Rig!

If Ford would Build a V-8 Eco-Boost I'd Own one!:D

I'm a Real HORSES Ass,Just Ask NVB!:D

[/font]

>Not everything is about you Bess.
>Besides I don't want to
>trade a hummer from you
>for anything. Pretty sure 1911
>doesn't either.
>
>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I
>just stir it.[/font]

Nothin to do with Me!

We know who it was directed to!

Like I Said!

You wanna throw some punches at me?

GIT-R-DONE!

[/font]

I have to agree with the comments regarding the Toyota. They may be a little tight, but they last forever. That said, I would always opt for a good used Dodge diesel--I picked one up south of Salt Lake with fifty thousand miles on it for less than 30K. Expensive, but that is a lot of vehicle for the money. Just don't tow anything unless you want to replace the tranny (and always go after-market).

I'm still pissed about Pearl Harbor and while they may make some here, it is not owned here. Biggest reason though is I'd like one capable of 3 in front 3 in back.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>I'm still pissed about Pearl Harbor
>and while they may make
>some here, it is not
>owned here. Biggest reason
>though is I'd like one
>capable of 3 in front
>3 in back.
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Looks as if that F-350 KING RANCH Foots the Bill!

[/font]

OK!

OK!

I Understand it now!

You want a Ride Big Enough for the Family!

F-650 Time!

2762f6501.jpg

[/font]

Come on 1911!

Lil Red Ain't gonna like the Idea of a Burnt Out,Wore Out,Retired Crown Vic!:D

[/font]

What's it gonna be 1911?

Best be something your New Driver can Impress the Boys with when She Asks to Borrow it!:D:D:D

[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA SEE
THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

What's it gonna be 1911?

Am I gonna have to take Lil Red down to the Dealership & Forge Your Autograph?:D

[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA SEE
THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

> OK!
>
>OK!
>
>I Understand it now!
>
>You want a Ride Big Enough
>for the Family!
>