best 1200-1300 dollar scope?

M

manny16

might be looking for a new long range scope,
kinda want one with the adjustable yardage terrett/knob rather than yardage crosshairs,
also want the other adjusments (up/down-left/right) concealed/capped so they don't get bumped/moved,
looking to spend about 1200.00-1300.00,
all replies/info appreciated!
thanks...................

soon the love in his heart will be the rage in his fist

Jesus is coming and boy is he pissed

4b4654d74c2d46ca.jpg

I have the Leupold VariX III 4.5-14 with custom turrets 165 gr. tsx, 3450fps @ 5000ft made from Leupold and I think I spent less than $900. Like $750 for the scope and $125 for the compensator turrets, pretty sweet to dial in those ranges. I haven't shot enough with it yet to be able to read the wind yet but a few hundred rounds from now and I should be good to go if I need to extend my range but I have never had to shoot beyond 408yds so far.
BB

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-10 AT 07:37AM (MST)[p]I have had some bad experiences with Leupolds. Not adjusting correctly, not holding zero.

4 years ago I treated myself to a HS precision rifle 300 win mag.

I bought the top of the line leupold 2.5x10 scope to top it.

6 rounds through the new gun and scope combo and would not adjust. Sent back to leupold (they were super) they rebuilt the insides of the scope and sent it back.

Less than a box later, the rubber skin on the eye piece and that you adjust with came off. Sent scope back again. Again they were great. Free repair.

Problem is that I have spent over $100 resighting in the rifle each time I have to take it apart and send it back to them, plus the range time, and the hassle.

That should not have happened on their top of the line product 2x in with a little over a box of shells through the gun.

BTW, now it is working good and a nice combo. My boy shot his ibex at 372 yards with it.

Customer service has been awesome, but, next time I pony up for a good scope I think I talked myself into a Night Force.

You cant go wrong with a Huskemaw. My setup has shot 20+ animals this year from Bear, Deer, coyotes and cow elk, out to 800 yards and it has worked great. But you better have a good shooting rifle to go along with it.

I can't figure out how everyone has trouble with Leupolds. I and many friends have hunted in every type of condition possible and not one of us has ever had a problem with a Leupold scope. Guess we are just the luck ones.

Jazz

I've got a 3x9 Leupold that I've had for over 30 years and never had any problems with it. That being said if I'm spending
1200 on a scope it's not going to be a Leupold.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom