best 12 power binos

smitty

Very Active Member
I'm looking at getting a pair of 12x binos. What are the pros and cons? Anybody have 'em? Best brand to get? I know, I know, Swarovski, Leica etc......I have a pair of Nikon Monarchs 10x42 right now, and a Swarovski spotting scope. Just wanting to get someting with a little more magnification. Thanks

If I were you I'd go to a sporting goods store and look not only through several brands but also several magnifications. I had a pair of Swaro 10x50's and ended up trading them for a pair of Swaro 8.5 x 42's. They just seem like they are clearer and you can pick out little details better than the 10 power. You might end up liking a smaller power and be happier with them like I am.Or maybe I'm just weird.

I DO like the 10x50 Swaros but would echo what was previously said. The 12 power magnification magnifies the wobbles, too; heartbeat, breathing and simple wobble.

I can see MUCH better when I use a rock or the shooting stick...the higher magnification is a bigger factor than you may expect. (I hated the 12 power a friend had.)

Within the shadows, go quietly.

I can't hold 12 x bino's steady. So if your going big get 15 x and mount them on a tripod. I enjoy glassing and this will be my next puchase.

Get the Leica 8x-12x.I have really enjoyed mine,using it mostly on 8 power.But if I need to I have that quick flip to 12 power,really helps out.Excellent glass that you wont have to buy anything else.

I have a pair of 10x and 15x Swarovski's and would love to sale both and get a set of 12x Swarovskis. I guess I am different than most as I have zero issues with holding my 15x steady. I love them and they are always my first choice to take them with me in the field. I always want more power but think the 12x would be a great cross over for size and power.

I have 12x50 Leupolds and can't hold them steady either. I just ordered the Zeiss 10x40 from Cameraland for 599.99 they are floor model returns and come with full lifetime warrenty just like new. New they are 999.99. and on sale for 799.99 but they also have a few floor models available. My advice is don't buy 12x.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom