Bess takes his anger out on Santa!!

Roy

Be sure to click on the link and watch the video!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28162817

Santa, claws a less-than-jolly combo
Man to receive rabies shots after 'terrified' animal gets testy at photo shoot

Video
Santa clawed, bitten during photo shoot
Dec. 10: The jolly fat man in the red suit was anything but after being scratched and bitten by a bobcat at a holiday pet photo shoot. Santa tells all to MSNBC's Tamron Hall.

MSNBC

Slideshow

Animal tracks
Find a barking border collie, some primping elephants and more eye candy for animal lovers.

more photos

Slide show
Image: Bush and Spot.

All the presidents? pets
Harry Truman said, ?If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.? Plenty of presidents did, and other pets besides.

more photos

Slide show
Image: Rusty, a Red Persian cat

Championship cats
?Barack? the Bombay cat, trained trapeze felines and more claw their way through the CFA-Iams Cat Championship competition.

more photos
updated 47 minutes ago

Santa Claus posed with a very large kitty on his lap ? and now, unfortunately, he might need rabies shots. Jonathan Bebbington was playing the jolly old elf during a Santa Paws photo event at a PetsMart store when he was bitten Sunday on the wrist and hand. The event was to raise money for Penny Angel's Beagle Rescue group.

The cat and owner disappeared after the incident. At least one person thought it was a bobcat, said Joan Kerr, president of Penny Angel's.

"It had absolutely huge paws, like three inches around," Kerr said.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

The cat, named "Benny," appeared terrified because dogs were nearby, Bebbington, 47, told The Press of Atlantic City.

"It had very powerful jaws and big teeth," he said, estimating the cat weighed about 30 pounds.

The woman who brought it to the store told people there she bought the cat from a breeder in Wyoming for $1,500.

"Her last words were, 'I have a permit and the cat has all his vaccines,' " Bebbington said.

Unless the owner produces vaccination records, Bebbington will have to receive rabies shots starting Thursday as a precaution. He's already had a tetanus shot.

"I don't want anything to happen to the cat," he said. "It's a beautiful animal and was naturally scared."

Rabies shots are not as bad as they used to be, when they were a long ordeal of dreaded, painful shots in the abdomen. They now consist of a shorter series of shots in the arm.

More holiday features

* Used socks, old candy: Holiday gift horrors
* 15 affordable hostess gifts
* Frugal fitness: gifts for under $50
* The worried wife's holiday survival guide
* Holidays can still be happy in tough times

More in pets

* Santa clawed? Cranky bobcat bites St. Nick
* Hero hound: Dog tries to rescue dog
* Video: Pet gift dos and don'ts
* Pet gifts? Pounce on these healthy goodies
* Animal Tracks

More from TODAY

* Carrie Fisher: I wish I'd turned down 'Star Wars'
* Survey: Teens sharing nude pics online |
* Friends: Missing clubgoer was homesick |
* America will pick 3rd ?Biggest Loser? finalist
* A $25 gift card for $3, and other thrifty gifts
* Ambush! Hates to shop but loves new look
* Pet doc drops 155 pounds | Video
* Animal tracks | More photos

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom