"Bernie" needs a tag!

txhunter58

Long Time Member
I know it is the last minute, but my friend Bernie needs to draw a good tag for Colorado. You know bernie, from the movies? Thought I might help him do a "weekend" hunt. I figure this might be his last hunt, and of course, he will need quite a bit of help. I plan on packing him in to a good area and sitting him in a good spot. I just need to know where to apply for. He doesn't have any points, but I am still sure someone knows of a good unit that doesn't take any points and still holds 180+ deer and 300+ elk. I have a good horse that has lost his sense of smell, so I can pack him in quite a ways.

So, come on guys, for Bernie! Where should I apply for? I promise, I won't put him upwind from you!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

What's wrong Tex, the last minute weekend warriors getting to you? Breathe man, summer's almost here!

last minute hunters and texans! both a bunch of lazy bums that should go to a whitetail forum! i mean if they dont have a food plot or a feeder- they aint gotta chance.

" needs a tag!

KB
I'm not ragging on Tex. I use to think the same way when I was in high school. Once I grew up, I realized texans are the nicest, well-mannered, courteous people in America. I can only hope my kids are raised with the morals most texans have. Tex is just having a moment, don't get all stupid on him.

RE: " needs a tag!

it was just a sarcastic { sp?} , but funny reply :)

i have alot of family in texas, so deffinatly not against texans. now "texicans" , thats another story:)

i wonder , if we sold the sothern half of texas back to mexico, if it would help are economy at all? j/k

RE: " needs a tag!

No, just saw a reference to "weekend at Bernies" and it hit my funny bone thinking about a movie about taking him hunting! Of course, we would have to have him a good tag first! That coupled with the every year last minute "1" post guys asking for where to put in for to get a big one made me come up with that post.

As far as lazy, obnoxious people, I hear that about people in every other state I have visited, including Colorado. I have NEVER found that to be true. I certainly know some losers in Texas, and some in Colorado, but the vast majority of people in both places are great people. I do swap hunts, so I have met some really great people that way from Alaska, Montana, and Colorado. That said, I will take the replies in the same way my original post was intended, with sarcasm!

Gotta go for now. Got to be "lazy" and go spray some poisonous weeds on my ranch this afternoon.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom