Beaver Unit - Deer

RabidRattleSnake1

How are the roads on the Beaver unit? I will be dragging a 12' flatbed with a couple of quads. Wondering if there are any areas I need to keep out of. Are there a fair amount of camping spots?
Going into this hunt blind as a nonres, but figure that is the only way to learn a unit. Picked this bow hunt on a whim, but figured it has to be better than what I am used to here in NM.

That is funny. I am headed to new mexico on a bow hunt.
Beaver has some nice bucks, but you will have to work to find them. I've never seen one over 150", but I've seen pics. good luck.

My older brother hunts up there on occasion. This is the buck he got on the Beaver in 2012. He caught it off guard in a thunder storm. He hunts some thick and nasty areas, but he does see good bucks every now and again. This buck was bigger that what he usually sees up there.

5690beaver2.jpg

6562beaver.jpg

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

goforbroke - where are you hunting in NM and where?

Dillion - that is a very nice buck for a general unit. I will be happy if I get to chase bucks half that size.

if you go up the main road out of beaver to the top, its like a highway, you'll have no problems. You will also have lots of company. Should be able to find a camp spot without to many problems.

Roads down there are great. The one going over the top is a highway, and most of the others are well maintained.

I've hunted that mountain range a LOT in the past. Haven't been down there in a number of years. Just like everywhere, it's changed, but I'd bet there's a few good ones running around. The area has a few places for the bucks to hide in.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom