Beaver RAC Yesterday.

Cattlemen HATE the elk. always have and always will. NO Wolves for me, Please dont allow wolves. Dont shut down units, maybe shorten the length of the hunts by 50% and start them on a wednesday. During the 5 days rifle hunts in Southern Utah I saw after 2 years a big increase in the number of bucks afield. I beleive the 5 day rifle hunt worked. I would like to see all 3 hunts cut 50% shorter and all 3 hunts start on a wednesday. Lets just try it for a couple of seasons. I beleive it would help reduce harvest a little bit, leaving more bucks for the next year and also helping the population. I dont beleive all does get bred... Some may not like the rifle to start on a wednesday, but we all need to try a new approach. I hate to see them cut tag numbers, but that is what we are faced with. Hell something has got to work.... Lets not lose anymore ground...

Hogg the dwr say theres no diff in harvest with a 9 day hunt compared to a 5 day. I tend to disagree.

>Cattlemen HATE the elk. always have
>and always will. NO Wolves
>for me, Please dont allow
>wolves. Dont shut down units,
>maybe shorten the length of
>the hunts by 50% and
>start them on a wednesday.
>During the 5 days rifle
>hunts in Southern Utah I
>saw after 2 years a
>big increase in the number
>of bucks afield. I beleive
>the 5 day rifle hunt
>worked. I would like to
>see all 3 hunts cut
>50% shorter and all 3
>hunts start on a wednesday.
>Lets just try it for
>a couple of seasons. I
>beleive it would help reduce
>harvest a little bit, leaving
>more bucks for the next
>year and also helping the
>population. I dont beleive all
>does get bred... Some may
>not like the rifle to
>start on a wednesday, but
>we all need to try
>a new approach. I hate
>to see them cut tag
>numbers, but that is what
>we are faced with. Hell
>something has got to work....
>Lets not lose anymore ground...
>

not all cattlemen hate elk dude! we hate the mustangs! dont mind the elk.

So are the Forest Service and Farm buearo wanting to plant wolves on the Dixie and Fishlake?

Who the HELL gave the Farm Bureau the right to decide how Game is managed?

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

It's been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
But this is still the place
That we all call home

My thoughts exactly I'm sure the sod busters union is in no way impartial to any critter which may or may not eat one leaf of alfalfa. Wolves in Utah to eat the elk. Can you say peckerheads.

I think they want to keep elk #s in check so there is no reason to have wolves in brought in was the point. When Deloss talked about wanting to close units to hunting you could tell he was really frusterated with the DNR constantly lying to the public about herd #s and the management practices they use and thier arigance toward any public input about those practices. Cant say I blame him. Anis and the DNR want to blanket all 30 units as 15-17 or 18-20 buck/doe ratio and most that actually attended the meeting wanted them to manage each unit to its specific needs.
Nobody wanted wolves in Utah.

>I think they want to keep
>elk #s in check so
>there is no reason to
>have wolves in brought in
>was the point. When Deloss
>talked about wanting to close
>units to hunting you could
>tell he was really frusterated
>with the DNR constantly lying
>to the public about herd
>#s and the management practices
>they use and thier arigance
>toward any public input about
>those practices. Cant say I
>blame him. Anis and the
>DNR want to blanket all
>30 units as 15-17 or
>18-20 buck/doe ratio and most
>that actually attended the meeting
>wanted them to manage each
>unit to its specific needs.
>
> Nobody wanted wolves in Utah.
>
Elite,, I was not there but after listening to it I came away with the same feel for the meeting as you. I was kind of wondering if people feel that there is too many Elk east of I-15
from say Cedar up to 70.

I got to hand it to anybody who sat through the whole meeting.

castnshoot wrote: "I got to hand it to anybody who sat through the whole meeting."

We too!!

Hand in there O'Lumpy, the wind is starting to change. Of course the whole deer herd had to be decimated before that happened. Remember 25 years ago a select few clearly saw this day coming.

Ummmm, aren't these rac's supposed to be about buck tags and buck to doe ratios, and nothing to do with what can be done to grow more deer???

Well wuffie they did discuss antlerless tags and I believe less does= smaller herds. But I guess you would know that if you went or bothered to read up on them.

lol...my question was rhetorical in nature mr. piggie, just to see which lowlife would take a jab. So happens it was you. Thanks!

IF YOU BUY INSURANCE , INVEST WITH OR BUY ANY SERVICE FROM " FARM BUREAU INSURANCE " . YOU ARE FUNDING THE SAME FARM BUREAU THAT COMES TO THE RAC's TO OPPOSE WILDLIFE. AND ARE THEY NOW SUPPORTING WOLVES IN UTAH TO CONTROL ELK? KNOWING THEY WILL BE COMPENSATED FOR LIVESTOCK KILLED BY WOLVES?

FARM BUREAU
I don't think they said they WHAT wolves, What they said was SO wolves wouldn't be brought in to control the number of elk something needs to be done.

Maybe they said all Gay hunters could shoot 6 elk too, How many Gay hunters are there.
THE SKY HAS FALLEN.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom