Beaver goat hunt

M

MH1

Got lucky and drew a NR first season beaver tag with 0 points!! I'm coming from Oregon and am going scouting in July/August. Anybody be willing to share any info about the unit for access or any other intel? Thanks - Mark

The best advice I have is if you live in Oregon you have to stay away until my wife is done.;-)

Seriously, Congrats on a "freebie." My wife had to apply religiously for 15 years until they had to give her a tag. It is good to be lucky once in a while!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-09 AT 12:07PM (MST)[p]Mark,
Congrats on the tag. Its nice to know someone who gets lucky! Sounds like you already have some scouting trips planned. If you need a place to crash on your way through let me know..

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

I've seen a couple of them in the big john flat area while up there fishing.

It's interesting to me how people are so willing to give instructions and directions to someone who does not even live in the state about a hunt. I hear so many guys crying about the "out-of-staters" hunting the Utah mountains, and then turn around and offer free info (probably info shown to them by their dads or grandpas) to help an out-of state-hunter. I finally drew the Beaver Goat Tag, and with much excitement await the hunt of my dreams. Sure hope someone doesn't give away all the secret spots to everyone that asks....It's a big mountain with plenty of goats......take some time and find em......they are the white things.....}> Just my opinion....

Well if its such a big mountain with plenty of goats, it would be hard to give away all the secret spots and you should not have any trouble finding one. After all - you already know what they look like.

Good luck to everyone with the tag. Based on what I know (and I don't know much) you all should have a great hunt. And kudos to those giving advice to others (regardless of what state the hunter lives in).

>It's interesting to me how people are so willing to give instructions and directions to someone who does not even live in the state about a hunt. I hear so many guys crying about the "out-of-staters" hunting the Utah mountains, and then turn around and offer free info (probably info shown to them by their dads or grandpas) to help an out-of state-hunter. I finally drew the Beaver Goat Tag, and with much excitement await the hunt of my dreams. Sure hope someone doesn't give away all the secret spots to everyone that asks....It's a big mountain with plenty of goats......take some time and find em......they are the white things.....}> Just my opinion....

Wow, a little pissy eh?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with helping a fellow hunter out. Especially an out of state hunter who does not know the area and is willing to spend their money in our state. To b!tch about this is super lame. Just my opinion.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom