Bears and trail cams

D

Derrick621

Well I drew a Wasatch archery tag this year, ( who didn't ) anyways I headed up to my trail camera last night and checked out some of the photos. When I got there I noticed it was down towards the bottom of the tree and facing the ground. I picked it up and it had taken 244 pictures. ( one week ) I thought great, I'm going to have 244 pics of the ground and grass blowing in the wind. When I got to looking at the pictures I some something I would have never thought, 2 different bears. One black bear and one HUGE cinnamon colored bear. I have some really good pics as the large one is headed down to the wallow and then as I continue throught the pics it is all of a sudden facing towards the ground. I did get on close up of the face as it was facing the ground and his large back walking away. When I looked at the top of the camera there was a large amount of dry mud on it. It looked as if the bear was pawing at it. Hard to tell though. Has anyone else had problems with bears messing with trail cameras? Oh I forgot to mention there were 2 bulls on the camers, one looks promising, a cow moose and a little buck. I will try and get the pics posted on Sunday when I make another trip back up there.

Yup curious creatures!!! Im gonna get some metal boxes made for my cameras.My camera takes a 6 volt and has alligator clips for the power source.The bears took the battery out without hurting the wires.AMAZING

Yep, last year in New mexico, bear tried to tear it off the tree, got some good head shots up close, so it isn't just the utah bears that like thetrail cams.

It's not only bear and other hunters that screw with your trail camera's, as elk do too. I like to take photos so sometimes I just go to where I know elk, deer etc. are and just wait to take photos. Here's a photo I took as I watched this cow elk messing with one of my trial cameras. By the time she got done it was facing in a totally different direction.

9550fbm87.jpg

Have a good one. BB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom