BEAR RIVER B TAG

G

GOOSEMAN1970

I've hunted this unit for two years (07 and 08) and haven't turned up alot of elk. I have hunted it solo and mainly stayed on the Beaver Creek side. I have made a couple of scouting trips this year down in Cub Creek Drainage with the same result. (By the way I hope the 15 year old that we pulled her wheeler out of the canyon is doing well. Going too fast and lost it on a corner, wheeler was staight down hill about 20 feet stuck in a tree.) I would like to stay in unit 78 but need a couple more options on where to look. Not looking for sweet spots just some direction would help.

Head up Wilderness Peak above Gibson Lakes (not Gibson Basin). Quite a few elk on the Franklin Basin and Cache Valley side. Saw three nice bulls there last year. It is quite a hike to the top, but everybody else pushes the elk to you.

Also try heading up Franklin Basin, there is a logging road going to the east of White's Canyon. Get up on top of that and stay near the Utah line (use GPS). Some good Utah bulls hang out there with the Idaho bulls. You can drive right on top, so it is easy hiking once you're there. A huge bull was killed there with a B Tag last year.

Grizzly

LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-10 AT 06:53AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-10 AT 06:52?AM (MST)

Thanks for the info Grizzly. I have been in the limited entry unit on the Utah side during the rut and found some nice bulls, but after the rut, I haven't located much. When I have hunted the Bear River B hunt, I have stayed mostly on the east side of 78 close to the border thinking that the bulls off the limited unit would be milling around in there. I will definately make a trip over to the Franklin side this weekend. Thanks again

The areas I gave you seem to be better post-rut. For some reason, the Beaver Creek side doesn't seem to hold as many elk as the Franklin side. Good luck.

Grizzly

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom