Bear Hunting Ashton tetonia Area

T

Texcrantler

While grouse hunting in the area south and east of Ashton, My doughter and I came across some bear tracks and now she has become excited about getting a bear. Is this a great area for spot and stalk? any ideas to get her on a bear? thanks

I have taken two bears in the area you're speaking of. Since baiting and running dogs in this area were prohibited the bear population has increased. Spot and stalk works, but with a little different mentality. Find the canyons and draws that hold the most berries, mainly choke cherries. Move quietly and sit and listen, if you hear rustling noises in the bushes its probably a bear. And yes, be extremely careful, there are quite a few grizzlies in the area. I've run into them several times.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom