Bear Hair in Wolf Crap???

IDBoneCollector

My Brother and his other hunting partners have been trying to run their dogs here in southwest Idaho been finding very few bears the last two years shortly after the wolves moved in thicker now this year on three different occasions we have came across wolf crap with bear hair in it. Anyone else noticeing this? Also came across a bioligist trying to track collared bears and he also is thinking wolves are to blame do to checking up on a collared bear this winter in its den he discovered that just a few days before wolves entered the den killed and partially ate the collared bear. Just curious if anyone else has noticed something is up?

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-10 AT 08:00PM (MST)[p]See it quite often up here. We've got a ton of wolves but they ain't making a dint on the bear population. We've got more bears living here than people. Personally, I'd much rather the wolves eat the bears than eat the muleys. :)

Seen it with my own eyes a few years ago.
The Bear/Bears make a kill,the Wolves move in & take the kill from the bear,guess the Wolves are gonna eat one way or the other.

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

no worries, once the wolves run out of things to eat they'll eat each other. That will bring their populations down and the remaining deer, bear, elk, whatever populations will recover. Its a process but if they don't get them under control this is the inevitable result.

>no worries, once the wolves run
>out of things to eat
>they'll eat each other. That
>will bring their populations down
>and the remaining deer, bear,
>elk, whatever populations will recover.
>Its a process but if
>they don't get them under
>control this is the inevitable
>result.

These wolves migrate to the next mountain ridge when they kill off the current hunting zone. Behind, they leave a dead zone. Hard to have moose/deer/elk recover when are decimated.

"we have came across wolf crap with bear hair in it. Anyone else noticeing this?"

Gotta be honest, this is one thing that I not only have not "noticed", but I think I am steering clear of noticing... :D :D :D
Great post though, interesting topic...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom