Bear attack

D

driftersifter

A man near Ladysmith Wi was attacked by a black bear. The bear had cubs with her and they circled the tree stand this bowhunter was in and one of the cubs went up the tree. The hunter attrmpted to scare the cub down the tree but instead the mother came up the tree and started chewing on his arm and lower back attempting to pull him out of the tree. He fought it off and was held up in the tree by his straps while the bear pulled the waders off from him and mauled his waders. He went into surgery and spent the weekend in the hospital.
We have waaay too many bears in wisconsin proboably more bears these days than deer.
Driftersifter

> > We have
>waaay too many bears in
>wisconsin proboably more bears these
>days than deer.
>
>
> Driftersifter

way too many bears and more than deer??

DNR says we have 15,000 bears in WI. last numbers of deer was around 1.5 million deer.

If you are in the southern part of the state you can't swing a dead cat without hiting a deer. However in the northern regions the wolves and bear are a real problem that is largely ignored by the DNR. (Department of Nothing Remaining) I live in the transition area nad have a farm towards the south. I am averaging seeing a bear a week while hunting grouse. I haven't seen any wolves while hunting grouse But I have seen thier tracks and I keep my dog in close.
Driftersifter

Thats the number that I'm hearing too. What part of the state are you guys from?
North central wisconsin here North of Eau Claire
Driftersifter

I heard that story too. The weekend before I thought it was pretty neat stalking up on a nice blackie boar while I was going out to my treestand by Tomah. Made me think what coulda happened after that though. I'm at 6 point now so hopefully next year i'll get that tag.

sagehnter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom