Bear Appl.

Based on number of bears, terrain, scenery, and just overall fun, would you choose San Juan spring or Book Cliffs spring? I would be hunting spot and stalk style. I am still 3 0r 4 years off from drawing but there is always a chance. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

I can only hope to do as well as my daughter did last fall but, not counting on it. Have to be able to draw the tag first though.

I've done spot and stalk in the books a couple times. One year we did well, the next I couldn't find a bear and this was in the same canyon. I since learned you need to find what they are feeding on and then hunt where the feed is. These were fall hunts so that's different than your spring hunt. The only time I've been on the San Juan is last fall with dogs. Lots of tracks but, we didn't put the dogs out until we crossed a bigger track. Either hunt would be fun, great scenery and steep terrain.

smokepole

The first two Utah bear tags I drew, I did spot-n-stalk.

It can be tough and many miles of boot leather.

Mine were both fall tags.

Robb

If I were to try a spot/stalk hunt in Utah. ...it would definitely be a fall tag. Good luck with whatever you choose.
catman

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom