BeanMan...Help!!

Paul_Crawford

Long Time Member
Fred, My son and I will be hunting unit 33 for the first time this year. Third season deer. You're close by, correct? Are there any towns in the unit? I don't want to stay in Silt or Rifle because they're right on I-70. Any help will be appreciated. PC

Glenwood Springs is just east of Rifle. To the north is Meeker, a nice little town with great food.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Rifle and Silt are the only towns here. I used to live in Rifle. Glenwood Springs is about 20 or 30 minute drive east of Rifle, but still right on the interstate. Why is being on the interstate a deal-killer for you?

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Why is being on the interstate a deal-killer for you?

Paul doesn't want to drink all that beer and drive on the freeway.....Duh!

Eel

Meeker is a nice place to stay but a rough ride just to make it to the border of the unit. It does have a few nice little places to stay, The blue spruce inn and white river motels are clean and well kept. There are also a lot of places that have the Mini Cabins to stay in if you can find something that is not booked up already. Good luck I am hunting that season as well. I was lucky enough to draw it on a second choice.

Paul,

We're an hour west of Rifle. 33 is not an area that I've spent time outside the car in so i really don't have much info on the unit. You've got Rifle, Silt, and New Castle for towns. All are located on the interstate. Rifle is crammed with energy workers. Why not camp? If you're passing through Palisade give me a shout.

Thanks, guys.

D13er, Mark must have told you about Will not marrying the grand daughter of the biggest landowner in SW CO, huh? I erased him from my will. haha pc

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom