BeanMan Down

BeanMan

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-11 AT 07:48PM (MST)[p]I usually ride my montain bike three to four nights a week. It's too hot during the day so I ride at night with 900 lumens of light on my helmet and bar. Last night while cruising fast on a downhill section of a trail that I'm really familiar with on Horse Mountain, I hit a rock and went over the bars. My right AC joint in the shoulder was separated and I cracked my helmet in three places, glad I had the helmet. The Ortho Doc said today I may be without much use of my shoulder for 2 months and may need surgery.

What really sucks is that I have a Colorado 2nd season unit 61 Bull tag that I may have to turn back in and get my points back.

Good on the helmet.

Uh oh on the deer tag. I hope you heal soon.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Hope You're OK Bean!

You acting like a kid again or what?

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Good to hear that you're O.K. Looks like your helmet made a huge difference.
Here's to your quick and complete recovery.

Eldorado

do you have any idea what I get for land owner vouchers for unit 61 bulls? and you are giving it back? LOL hope you get up and going so I can help you pack it out.

Dom, i have some time left to make a decision. funny thing is i was going to call you and talk about your packing service just before i went out for the ride last night. that is your sign at the start of the divide road and 141 ?

Geez BeanMan! Glad you had your helmet on. You're young and in good shape. You'll be ready for elk season.

Can you harvest beans with one arm?:)

Eel

"Rub some dirt on it, ya big sissy!"......good thing you wore the skid lid!

".....but by God, I never said a word to a pig!"

Fred,

Hope you heal up enough to make the hunt. I had been planning on getting with you to compare notes after your hunt. I should draw that tag in 2013. Hunted in there twice before. You know the area and should have a great hunt if the shoulder heals.

Phantom Hunter

Glad you're ok Bean. Who knew staying healthy could be so bad for a guy.

As the hunts get closer I always try and ride more cautious but those things get you when you least expect it.

Does this look familiar?

8191mountain-bike-crash-endo.jpg

Tag,

it was dark out but i'm sure it looked a lot like that. it certainly felt like that only horse mtn is rockier.

pardon the one handed type, it's easier than trying
to put caps in.

Good to hear you are sort of OK. Hope you are a quick healer. Some times things just happen, part of just livin' life.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Fred, bad luck getting injured but hopefully you will heal good enough to still enjoy your hunt. Modern medicine is terrific and possibly therapy will help you just enough to make it through a hunt. Good luck, sincerely, Cowtag (Chuck Richey-southern Illinois)

Beanman did that happen behind palisade.horse mountain? YEA that is my sign at the turn off to divide road.Have you ever done the single track up the dominguez canyon on the hut system?

Heade up to GJ for hay, Was hoping to get you to help load it, Guess it to plan B. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Dominguez,

I live on the north side of horse mtn just above palisade, my crash was in the draw on the west side of horse mtn. i've hiked up the singletrack from the campground in dominguez canyon but have not ridden it. i did ride down the mailbox and up massey branch two weeks ago. is that where your problem bear is? we camp just above the stock pond on massey bench often, i shot a coyote there two weeks ago also. we saw a dead calf next to the fence above massey creek, was that a bear kill?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-25-11 AT 00:15AM (MST)[p]Gator, sorry to dissapoint, i really hate messing with hay with a passion but would help when i've got both arms working. i don't even like picking it up with a stackwagon. we've been green chopping our alfalfa the last two years and i much prefere that to bailing.

Bean, Keep the tag. Tore my collar bone lose May of 2010 was shooting my bow Mid July

The first 2 weeks suck and you wont sleep on that side for a year but You can shoot a rifle by Oct 1. It will amaze you how much your shoulder will atrophy I think thats the word.

Your new best friend is the Physical Therapy rubber bands. 3 sets of 15 twice a day.

DO THEM! The ortho just wants some $$$. Having a collar bone that no longer attaches

is not that big a deal. The wife does not like watching it moving around, but you will be fine.

You cant believe how many punk 20 something snow boarder dudes use a AC separation

as their ?need? for their medical marijuana card. What a joke. I know you are concerned

Right now but trust me a month makes all the difference.... How ever the frame pack was not

fun for the whole fall of 2010. Keep the tag.

For sure keep the tag... I broke my collar bone August 8 2007 and was able to shoot my bow for my sept 10 bull tag. Best thing I ever did was let it heal 3-4 weeks while practicing range of motion when I could but listening to the pain. 2 weeks before my hunt I went and got a deep tissue massage in that shoulder to work all the tendons/muscles out and it brought it back almost 50% better within 48 hours.

Mike

I Think that calf was sick,it died, and next day was eaten gone.we run cattle where you had your wreck.are you crazy thats nothing but malipi boulders?

Hope you heal in time for you're hunt Fred...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Best of luck on the recovery

I broke my ankle [gotta pay attention with that 75# pack] on a training hike 4 weeks prior to my Co unit 76 archery hunt.

Still did a drop camp in Nev wilderness for deer- miserable 12 mile ride in with that cast on....stupid really.

Turned the Co.tag in and hunted it the following year. Bad news is they keep the $$$, if you are non res its significant

Get well Fred!

I nearly severed my trigger finger on a bandsaw in January of '01 cutting skin, tendons & bone, just three months before my Kodiak Brown Bear hunt.

Destroyed my left ankle in '86 just before deer season I still carry two 10" plates 14 screws & a bone graft out of my hip.
Hunting was difficult but good therapy.

You will do it.
Best to you Beanman!

The bales wasn't bad, we loaded 280 on that 25 ft flatbed trailer and played dodgeball with thunderclouds all the way back to Sol. Ca.
The fire in the canyon between St George and Mesquite was buring pretty good. Good hay up their in GJ that's for sure.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom