Be careful

takeahike

So I finally was able to get out for my second scouting trip today after a very busy summer. Today started out like any other day scouting, up at 3, grab some coffee and off to pick up a friend at 4. A quick stop for some fuel and we were on the road. After spotting a few bulls, a couple antelope and a lot of deer we decided to move to another location. On the way to the new location there was a short steep section that seemed like no problem, but half way up the jeep ran out of ponies to make the hill. No problem I thought, so I pressed the clutch and hit the brakes thinking I would just put the jeep into 4 low and continue up the hill. That's when it all broke loose. The front brakes locked up like they were supposed to but te back brakes failed, resulting in the jeep sliding backwards uncontroably. With the front tired locked up and the back brakes doing nothing, the jeep went sideways slamming into a rock before flipping over. It could have been a lot worse and I'm just glad we both were not harmed in the incident, vehicles can be repaired and replaced! But be careful and prepared stuff happens in te blink of an eye and it happens to everyone!

5417image.jpg

2759image.jpg

5360image.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-14 AT 06:27PM (MST)[p]Ouch!! Glad you guys are Ok!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Glad you didn't get hurt, the same thing happened to my friend when he went to push the clutch in, I like my automatic transmission in my jeep.

Hell that looks like my Jeep, Wow glad you guys are alright.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Glad you're both OK!

I've Powered several Jeeps Out on Steep Hills & came to the Conclusion:

The Only Jeep (Stock of Course!) you can't Power Out is a RUBICON with a 6 Speed Stick with 4:10 Gears!

Them Jeeps with PISSCUTTER Engines & High Gear Ratio's have got my Ass in a Bind many a times!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Do you have one of those upside down bumper stickers that says "if you can read this flip me over"?

I don't have a sticker yet but I see one in my future. Were both no worse for wear just have to deal with insurance now. But as they say, build it better next time! And I plan to!

9769image.jpg

Aftermath, body shop estimates 8k with 3k for a new hardtop

2312image.jpg

Quick fix for now, back to hunting!

Sorry I don't know how to fix sideways pictures but if anyone knows anything about dealing with insurance companies fill me in, this is my first "claim"

Insurance Claim = Higher Premiums!

Sorry!

Just being Truthful!

It's OK to pay em forever!

Just don't make a Claim!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom