BC residents

O

Oregonbowhunter

Just curious, do you have to be a full fledged Canadian citizen to be considered a resident to hunt in BC? If you live there on a Visa for 6 months does that count, that's the way I interpreted the definition in the regulations. Also, do residents get to hunt sheep every year?

Thanks

I believe you just have to reside here for 6 months to be considered a resident. I don't think you need to be a Canadian Citizen. This means you have to live here with a BC address and all. You then would be able to apply for a BC Hunter Number after the 6 months. If you don't have approved Hunter Training that is equal to BC's CORE program then you would be required to take CORE first before you can get your Hunter Number. And yes, BC residents can hunt sheep every year. Most Stones, Rocky's and Cali's are OTC general season with some MU's being Limited Entry. Dall's are all Limited Entry. Yearly baglimit is 1 sheep regardless of what kind of sheep you harvest.

They changed the rules a few years ago. If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada you have to live here for 6 months prior to doing anything related to the Wildlife Act (buy a license, apply for tags etc etc)

If you are not either of the two above then you have to live here 12 months prior to doing anything related to the Wildlife Act.

So in your case with a Visa, you would have to live here 12 months before doing anything.

BHB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom