Bass Hill muzzle loader M8

M

matt132

I drew the Bass Hill muzzle loader hunt this year. This will be my first hunt in that area and I'm looking for any kind of help and ideas on where to find the bucks. I know there aren't many monsters up there, so I'm just looking for a nice buck. I'll work for that monster, but i know they're pretty thin up there. Any help with ideas or land owner contacts is MUCH appreciated. You can PM me or post it...Thanks!

I know two guys (one is a close friend) who have that tag.

I think you will need bad weather to make it great and they not. The dates are slightly early to get the big boys into rut, IMO.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

>I drew the Bass Hill muzzle
>loader hunt this year. This
>will be my first hunt
>in that area and I'm
>looking for any kind of
>help and ideas on where
>to find the bucks. I
>know there aren't many monsters
>up there, so I'm just
>looking for a nice buck.
>I'll work for that monster,
>but i know they're pretty
>thin up there. Any help
>with ideas or land owner
>contacts is MUCH appreciated. You
>can PM me or post
>it...Thanks!

Try and get some access to private land. That is your best shot at getting a big one. Hunt is too early.

A very good hunt to kill a buck. A big buck will take 1) extremely early heavy storm, 2) Private. Anywhere in the Honey Lake valley can be good. There are good bucks out there during the regular rifle. 3) Luck.

That time of year new bucks show up everyday. My advice to take the best bucks is you don't need to hunt the hardest, you need to hunt the longest. Later is better.

If you have any luck and wish to pass on any info of your hunt I would greatly appreciate it . I have drawn the Bass Hill archery A-26 and it will be my first time hunting in that area. Thanks and Good Luck.

Yeah, he's gonna map out his spot for me. Still need to find some fall backs.

My friend and I are going to Deer Creek next month to do some fishing. We?re planning on stopping by the area on the way home.

Hopefully I'll able to take some pics. ? Ryan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom