Baseball?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-14 AT 10:38PM (MST)[p]There's been some great Baseball being played, who's been watching? I'm following every move by the SF Giants with awe and pride.

Will they beat the upstart, great team athleticism through out, KC Royals in the World Series? You know who i'm pulling for.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Amazing baseball this Fall. Both wildcard teams headed to the World Series!

My hat's off to the Cards! They fought tooth and nail and never quit. They are a classy organization!

The World Series will be epic! I can't wait!

Eel

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

Lest go Royals!!! I just hope they dont pull what my beloved Rockies did a few years ago against Boston

Kol, i believe that you have good reason to have faith In the Royals. They impress me, their style of play could be difficult for any team to handle. As it sits right now, the Royals are going to be a very tough adversary indeed!

eel, i wish they started the W. Series tomorrow. ;-)

Go Giants!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I am in mourning. My Cardinals are out. SAD! :-( I don't know who to root for in the Series. I'm not a bandwagon jumper so I'm not all about the Royals all of a sudden like ROY, but I also don't hate the Giants so I may cheer them on. At any rate- I love October baseball!!

Timely hitting, pitching, baserunning, and defense wins championships and right now thats the Royals in a nutshell

I was at a meeting last night for 4 1/2 hours and missed the entire game. But I was sneaking peeks at my cell phone on game cast and cheered when Travis hit the home run, luckily most everyone in the meeting were Giant's fans. Go Giant's.

TripleK, you have so much class!! It's hard to believe that you and ROY are related.

Eel

What is this "baseball" of which you speak? There are salmon in the rivers and even still in the ocean. Deer season is open here and out of state elk and deer to chase.... baseball?? WTF? lol

Dear Mr.David Schoenfield,

All the teams in both divisions play by the rules set forth by MLB. If you don't like the rules maybe you would be happier watching tennis.

Sorry one of your teams fell short. I hope it was the Dodgers.

Eel

>Dear Mr.David Schoenfield,
>
>All the teams in both divisions
>play by the rules set
>forth by MLB. If you
>don't like the rules maybe
>you would be happier watching
>tennis.
>
>Sorry one of your teams fell
>short. I hope it was
>the Dodgers.
>
>Eel
>
>Nobody goes there anymore. It's too
>crowded.
>
>
LOL, that's probably the truth.

Did you see that great play the Royals left fielder made to cut the ball off and only allow a single?

That was their high point of the night.:)

Eel

Eel, that was a heck of a play on that ball. I thought it was going to the fence.

Underdogs huh? hehehe! ;-)

Joey

Nice rebound by the Royals tonight. We got us a war!

Eel

The Giants find themselves in a tough spot. They pretty much need to Win tonight though mathematically they would still be in it at least one more game. Down 2 games to 1, they need to win tonight to even the series in a first team that wins 4 games, Wins the Series.

Last night, the Giants pitched well and hit the Ball pretty good but right at their speedy outfielders and shots to the infielders as well. Posey had a sure double later in the game but it went foul by inches. That seemed to me to summarized the game right there, it just wasn't meant to be.

Tonight is another day and this is another game. Go Giants!!

Joey

Obviously not near as exciting as watching two teams such as the Yankees and the Dodgers, but still a pretty good series.(sarcasm):)

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

You guys crack me up! I'd write some witty reply, but I've gotta go for now...

Heading down to 3rd & King for tonight's game. Got lower box seats for my son and I.

Go Giants!

Dan, what a game you got to witness! I bet that was quite an experience! I'm glad you and your son got to see it! A lifetime memory!

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

So much for the best relievers in baseball, Kansas Cities, in baseball!!!

2311idiot.jpg

I think that we put a serious case of Humble on those boys last night. They not only got beat, they looked defeated. We got them on the run, get em in 6!

Some of the Best Baseball i've ever seen! I'm proud to be a Giants Fan, win or lose, our Boys are giving their all physically and keeping mistakes to a minimum. Go Giants!

Joey

Hard to believe that we could get hits off the starting pitchers and bull pen and balls to escape the fastest and best outfielders in the universe.
Gawd I got tired of hearing how great KC was

2311idiot.jpg

"Hard to believe that we could get hits off..."

+1, i agree. There is so much BS going on with all the so called "Experts". Bunch of band wagon guys who act like they are discovering a secret when they notice these two teams doing something outstanding.

When Perez hit that near home run to add on in the later innings, i was actually shouting at the TV, "catch THAT you MF!" :)

Joey

Joey, I have to correct you. You said "catch that you MF". Perez hit his ball of the center field fence and the center fielder "CF" was going back to get the ball not the Middle Fielder "MF". Go Giant's

"
Well if there were middle fielders KC would have the fastest and best ones in the game no doubt"

.......Just ask Joe Buck

2049.facebook_1414355529717.jpg

>
2049.facebook_1414355529717.jpg

>
>
>It's written in the good Book
>that we'll never be asked
>to take more than we
>can. Sounds like a good
>plan, so bring it on!
>
>
>

LMAO

2311idiot.jpg

Larrbo, got it! CF, yep!

Eel, Haven't heard from Cowboy57 much huh? lol

Strap em up Boys, We got a World Championship to Win!

I Love this! Go Giants!!! :)

Joey

Triple K October Baseball will be over tomorrow(Go Giant's). ..nothing left to do but breed..
You'll be puking in the mornings by Christmas!!
Jester

Here we go! It's for all the marbles tomorrow!

Eel

Great series, one Game for the whole shooting match. I like it.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

...better stop and get a box of kleenex today Joey....

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-14 AT 10:19AM (MST)[p]"...better stop and get a box of kleenex today Joey...."

Zigger, i shook off the loss last night, always have been able to do that.

I'll also be happy with my Team even if they lose again tonight. They have had a amazing season and nobody had them figured to get this far.

Joey

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-14
>AT 10:19?AM (MST)

>
>"...better stop and get a box
>of kleenex today Joey...."
>
>Zigger, i shook off the loss
>last night, always have been
>able to do that.
>
>I'll also be happy with my
>Team even if they lose
>again tonight. They have had
>a amazing season and nobody
>had them figured to get
>this far.
>
>
>
>Joey
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

You edited your post. No guts no glory...

2311idiot.jpg

it was better before the edit........meds sure work fast

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."

Zig, you got the message right? Good! lol

Go Giants!! :)

Joey

Bumgarner sucks........

It ain't over quite yet......."As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."

GREAT GAME!!!!

:)

KC has a hell of a Team. They are congradulated by me for damn near winning it all and it's a easy bet that they will be around awhile.

Ned Yost was the Varsity Catcher in the next town over from the High school Team that i was the catcher on. We both were first string since our sophomore years and we played a lot of ball against each other between our regular seasons and the various Summer leagues that we played in. I'm not going to say that we were friends but we spoke and crossed paths often.

He hasn't change a bit. Good on you Ned!

Joey

KC may sign some of those guys, probably will now that they have extra money, but most important, they have a great nucleolus of team speed, youth, and great arms.

They are almost as good as our Giants!! :)

Joey

The Giants better go ahead and sign Panda next year. $500,000/year plus all he can eat.:)

Eel

His price tag is going to be more like 15+ Million a year, 4-6 years. Can you imagine, 15 to 20 million Dollars a year to play Baseball?

Sign him? I say only sign him if he'll agree to only get paid if he stays under 250 pounds. :) I'd worry about his eating habits after the ink is dry.

He did have a good last third of the Season and a Great solid Playoffs and W Series.

Joey

Hes going to go from Ranch dressing to corn syrup
in his camel back!
Timmy is gone but the panda will be signed!
Even Peavy and Morse because we maybe repeat!
Jester

I had no team in the WS since St Louis was out but the Giants prevailed over KC congrats to all Giants fans.

The only thing worse than losing the WS, is losing the WS at home. That has to suck.

That was a sweet season for the Giant's. Now we can fire up the Hot Stove and see where we go next year. Eel...do you really think the Giant's could afford your offer?

26210712770_10205044946632587_372986028407666822_n.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-14 AT 06:05PM (MST)[p]Now i can go back to the cheaper less sports package that i was forced to upgrade from to see the playoffs...

Madison deserves tons of credit for his huge part in the Giants success but their Season and road to the Championship was a Team Effort. Other teams were deserving but the Giants played a mixed and matched bunch that came together and played near flawless baseball, great defense, and pulled off some timely hitting, something the other teams didn't do.

I'm not seeing enough credit going to our catcher Buster Posey. Sure, he didn't hit that well in the Series but every great Pitcher knows where his bread is buttered. Posey caught and called a heck of a great set of games! His throwing out the first would be base stealer and then hitting the second with his throw 4 feet ahead of the bag shut down thoughts of future attempts from that "run crazy" Team. Credit where it is due.

I'm disappointed that there is not a game on tonight. 113 days until Pitchers and Catchers Report! Thank You Giants, Thank you Very Much, a Great Team Victory.

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom