Baseball Cards

FamilyMan

Very Active Member
I have a ton of Topps Baseball Cards from when I was a kid in the early to mid 1980's. Some are complete unopened sets. I would like to sell these. Does anyone know how to figure out there value or have advise on the best way to go about selling them?

Thanks. Any help appreciated.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

Dude, keep em!! I still have tons of mine from that time. They don't take up much space and they could be worth a grip in 20 years.

FamilyMan-
I collect them myself, and right now seems like a really poor time to get rid of them. You will get more out of the individual cards of stars off ebay than you will by selling the sets. Get yourself a Beckett book(card value guide) from a card shop and that will tell you more.
I havent sold-only bought- thru ebay, but it seems more effective than going through a card shop to sell em. The card shop guys have to lowball you in order to make money on the sale side.
You might also consider sending the star cards off to have graded. That adds a lot of value because then you can state that its PSA 9 or whatever and the buyer knows exactly what theyre getting.

You might have one of those Cal Ripken Jr cards with the dirty words on the bottom of the bat. I had one, traded it for a buck knife :)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

>I have one of Barry Bonds
>rookie cards before he started
>on Roids.......
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
49a2f07435219dee.jpg

I'm STILL laughing!

I would hang onto them. Look at them like an investment or a bond.

The longer you hang onto them the more they will be worth. (in most cases). I have a collection as well. This last year I thought about selling some. I called a shop and got some ballpark prices. What they were going for was just not worth it.

I think I will end up passing them on to my son. Get a Beckett guide to help you estimate some of the values. Jason

They prob arent worth as much as you think, not since Ebay has become a MAJOR player in the card industry. The best thing you could do is get them graded, talk to a legit card broker and sell them. Cards arent what they used to be.
I read and post from my magic hat....

Thanks everybody.

I collected these when I was a kid and have not looked at them in years and years. We need to decluter the house, pluse we are facing a reduction to 32 hours at work so I need all the cash I can muster at this time. These are the reasons I am looking to sell.

I know that what I have is not worth a fortune, and individual card sales would yield the most profit, but I just don't think I have the time for that. Is there an organization of card graders that I could look for online to try and find one local?

Mark
muledeer.jpg

In that case look on E-Bay and see what comp cards are going for. Maybe E-Bay would be the way to go or maybe a local add under sports mem. Good luck Jason.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom