Barry Tompkins

TheSaint

Anyone had any good or bad experiences with Barry Tompkins (Big Nine Outfitters)? I have a Stone hunt with him next year and just wanted to get a little feed back on quality of animals, guides, etc.

I just hunted sheep with Barry last month. We started on sept24. We hunted 10 days a got a great ram. I think I was the last hunter of the year. The guide was Jim Johnson.He maybe one of the best guides I ever hunted with. Everyone I met at Barry's was great. I have hunted sheep more than a few times and I must say this hunt was 1st class. I won this hunt in a raffle at Grand Slam so i felt I could afford to be a little selective.
We saw rams almost every day and the ram I shot was in a group of 22! I did not meet any of Barry's other guides however seeing how things were run i would imagine they are all up to the task at hand. I don't know how to post a picture but I will email it to someone if they can post it.

jim

Thanks for the response. I'm really excited about this hunt. I'll send you a PM with my email and post the pic for you.

I spoke with Barry and he said most of his rams averaged in the 160's this yr! Getting pretty pumped for next August.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom