Barry Bonds

I

in2chukar

Thought when I got home tonight from work "Barry Bonds" would be the hot topic. Guess not.

The biggest record in professional sports was broke last night and no one here is talking about it?

Steriods or not, Bonds is one of the greatest baseball players of all time.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-07 AT 09:01PM (MST)[p]Really is kind of a sad testament on our society. The one?s I feel bad for are the young people that have lost their heroes. It's not just baseball but all of professional sport. It's all about money now and lots of it. I've lost interest and it looks like most everyone else has as well. How sad.

Just to stir the ol'e pot a little ... I'll include hunting ... how 'bout them guides, booking agents, and slick video producers. Used to be the guy with the biggest buck paraded it up & down main street with his tail gate down.

RUS

46ba84d7591d162a.jpg

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

Barry is the one of the best baseball players of all time. I'd say top 5 all-around players ever and easily the most feared power hitter ever to step up to the plate. It's a shame the media has tainted his achievement. But, thats no surprise! Why haven't any other players on "roids" been able to come close to his numbers? Because he has amazing talent and has since he came into the league. Where is the proof of steroids, anyway?
buckspotter7

I dont need proof to tell me O.J. is scum of the earth and I dont need it on Baroid eather

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

I am just burnt out on the bad press!
he's the greatest ever!
I will still stop what I am doing when he comes to the plate!
I would love to see BONDS during a press interview whip out a tazer gun and zaps the 1st guy who says "tainted" with a full boat of juice! then say' any more qustions about my record being tainted!
Go Barry!
rm

Barry is a flippin prick. Too bad a guy like him will hold the record for a while.

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

LAST EDITED ON Aug-09-07 AT 08:34AM (MST)[p] KINGFISH, ALLTIME TEAM....GOOD IDEA.

CATCHER...JOHNNY BENCH
1ST BASE...LOU GERIGH (SP).
2ND........JOE MORGAN
3RD........MIKE SCHMIDT
SS.........A-ROD
LF.........BONDS
CF......... MAYS
RF.........AARON
DH.........RUTH -- THIS IS BASED ON RBI, BATTING AVG,HR PRODUCTION, FIELDING AVG, & PUTOUTS. YOU MAY HAVE PERSONEL FAVORITES, BUT THESE GUYS HAVE THE NUMBERS.
AFTER THIS CAN OF WORMS IS RESOLVED, WE CAN MOVE ON TO THE PITCHING ROTATION & 3 RELIEVERS.----YD.

Biggest racest in baseball...
You give no respect you get no respect.....
Are they going to but an asterix above his name like they should?

Here is my reaction: Good. It's over with. Now I don't have to really worry about baseball until October. Let's get going - football season is starting.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Hmmmm, I thought that in the USA you were innocent until proven guilty. Where's the conviction? Evidence? Failed drug tests? NONE! One of the greatest of all time! PC

If you're going to * Barry, you had better be prepared to * every modern record set.

Every ball player out there is/was using every suppliment, chemical, training technique that is available. Until it is deemed illegal or against the rules. I'm not saying I agree with it, that is just the way it is.

Humans as a rule will do whatever it takes to give themselves an advantage in whatever endeavor they undertake.

All of you so quick to condemn Barry Bonds must remember that he is innocent until proven guilty!

You know, it doesnt really matter. This will all be a moot point in about 7-8 years when A-Rod SHATTERS the record!!

That's a darn good list, YD. Too bad you only list one guy at each position, as guys like Ted Williams, Joe Dimaggio or plenty of other greats could deserve a spot on there as well.

Your point about Bonds being possibly the best left fielder of all time is a good one. There are plenty of people in the game who consider Bonds to be, if not the single greatest player of all time, one of the top 5 or 6 of all time. People tend to forget that he's stolen over 500 bases, won 7 MVP awards, holds 8 gold gloves, has a career on-base and career slugging percentages that are equalled by only a couple players, and has walked over 1,100 times more than Hank Aaron while having approximately 3,000 fewer official at-bats.

He was one of the all-time greatest before vitamin S, he was perhaps the single greatest during the vitamin S era, and he's till the single most feared hitter after vitamin S times are largely over. If anyone thinks he's still doing this stuff and doing it by using vitamin S, you're a little delusional. Whether he did or didn't do vitamin S, the point that he's the greatest of all time has a lot of evidence to support it, and not much more than animosity towards him to oppose it. Yeah, he's first class rectal orifice, but that doesn't take away from his accomplishments between the lines.

Personally I think Barry is a great guy, of course unlike most everyone else I have spent time at social gatherings twice with Barry.

For all his stardom, he is a very quiet and reserved guy. He likes to laugh, says very little and he is a great dad.

Along with my family I attended Willie Mays' 60th and 70th birthday parties at his home in Atherton, CA. Willie and Willie McCovey were both friends with my grandfather and father.

Nobody questions the great football players of the past, yet those guys popped pain killers amongst other currently banned stimulants like candy to stay in the game.

I also think Pete Rose rightfully deserves to be in Cooperstown too!

without injecting human growth hormones into his body he would have been one of the greatest to ever play the game, ahole or not.

now ? he's got a record nobody respects, and no one will say a single good word when he dies - harsh reality, he made his bed

Hank Aarons is still the home run king, don't think otherwise, don't even acknowledge cheaters

LAST EDITED ON Aug-09-07 AT 09:34PM (MST)[p]Here is a list of my favorties. I'll take any of these guys in their prime against the rest.

Catcher.... Mike Piazza
1st........ Mark McGwire
2nd........ Ryne Sandberg
3rd........ George Brett
SS......... Derek Jeter
OF......... Ricky Henderson
OF......... Tony Gwynn
OF......... Barry Bonds

By no means is this the best baseball team of all time. Just my favorites growing up and ones I still enjoy watching play today.

Bonds makes himself a bad guy to everyone that doesnt bow to him. The book written about him says all,and he doesnt deny or respond what he is accused of.

Good point Nail, in reading Jodogs link which is a precise detailed account of illegal drug use by Bonds, you would think if the book was false Bonds would seek libel or financial recourse, since he has done neither, I say he can't refute it, since its fact.

u guys are funny. barry was a great player before he SUPPOSEDLY took steroids. He may not have been the home run hitter that he is today, but there is one thing you forget: In the late 90's and early 2000's, baseball hit a major transission. Teams paid way more for the home run ball. They still do. Every player bulked up. Very few didn't bulk up, an thats because they didn't need to. Even pitchers bulked up. So if u "KNOW" he took steroids, then you are about... I'm not even gonna say anything. Just take a look at everyone else.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom