Barrett-Jackson orders...?...

C

Chef

I'll be heading out in a few.
Anyone want or need anything?
I've got TWENTY drink tickets too!

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

'69 Shelby GT 500 and a '70 Hemi Cuda, make it a drop top. I'd take a '67 427 tri power Vette to while you're there too. make sure they're all 4 speed cars and just pay for them and ship them up, I'll send you a check later.

Have fun down there it's a blast.

I'll make it easy. Just double Dude's order for me! OK, add a 1965 or 1966 GTO, tri-power, 4 speed.

THANKS CHEF!!!!:):)

Eel

Get me a Coke and a Polish! I would hate to wash my 67 SS/RS on an empty stomach. Later today I'll be helping my high school bud slide in some sub-frame bushings on his white/red interior 65 Convt. Goat with the tri-power manifold.

FTW you're not putting the poly ones in are you? they squeak and make the car feel like it's bolted solid to the frame in my experience. have fun, at least you guys down there can take 'em out for a spin this time of year. it'll be a few months before I'm taking mine out on these roads.

Had a grand time. man oh man if I had the money, oh the damage I would do! I splurged and bought a cone of ice cream for $5!!!

4792aa5a03cd39d6.jpg

4792aa9606264b03.jpg

4792aabf080e6ace.jpg

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

Don't forget to check out the cars in the backdrop guys! Anything and everything was at this show! This is my second year and may be my last since they might not hold it in AZ any more.

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

Not as much as I would have liked. I'm sure when the auction moves to Vegas it will get a TON better as far as that is concerned. Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of "high maintenace" lookers at this show hanging on the boys with the cash.

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

The best thing is hanging around the auction block entrance.
It sends shivers down your spine hearing these baby's run.

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

We used aluminum on the goat today. I like auto repairs that include a 6 ft. length of 4" x 4" and a floor jack. You couldn't give those Cudas away in the late 80's...go figure. The Cobras have always been a premium priced car and will always be the flagship for any Ford collector. Going to those shows must be an absolute kick in the pants.

I installed comp. eng. polygraphite bushings on my ride and they have never squeaked. But the front sway bar bushings are polyurethane and they squeak without an annual dose of lithium grease.

Interesting, I put the poly kit in the whole front end of my Challenger and hated it, squeaked and made everything seem stiff and rough. I changed it all back to rubber last winter, all cars are a little different I suppose.

A popular thing to do back in the era was to jack up the back end a little. The GTO was hard to do because they had coil springs. (if I remember right, man it's been a long time). I remember I put adjustable air shocks on the rear to give it some lift. That made it ride real hard though.

We can bring the old cars back, but the times are gone forever.

Eel

Well Eel at least you did go the other route with some 6 inch shackles. Polyurethane does get squeaky, but polygraphite doesn't, nor does ever lose it shape or desintegrate over time.

At some point I will grow tired of greasing the swaybar bushings and replace them with polygraphite.

In order to get the correct rake on the goat, my buddy put in Eibach 2" drop springs in the front.

YA I WILL TAKE HALF OF JOHN PRATTE $$$$$$ what the hell does he do... I bet he has spent over 10 million there easily

He owns a very large construction Co. based out of Phoenix.

He also bought the super snake shelby cobra last year and that expensive bus.

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

>He owns a very large construction
>Co. based out of Phoenix.
>
>
>He also bought the super snake
>shelby cobra last year and
>that expensive bus.
>
>
4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

I think he paid $5 million for that super snake last year.

I will take a 1934 Ford Cabriolet, all Henry Metal.........got to have one of them there. None of that Fiberglas crap.

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom