Barn finds

feddoc

Long Time Member
No cool cars or cans of money but in my Dad's day, our Ranch had about a 20 acre field of grapes and there was a smaller building right between the vineyard and the Barn that had a lot of neat stuff in it. The building was called the Box House by my Grandfather. Yes, inside were lots of wooden boxes, the kind used long ago to carry a pickers grapes from field to a wagon.

There was also a old oak slat and steel grape press to extract the juice from the grapes. It was about the size of a 55 gal drum maybe a bit bigger. Lots of other cool stuff in there, several sets of harness for the horses and wagons, mostly to do with making wine and all still looking in good condition, i suppose it still is.

After Grandpa had passed away, more than a few old timers told me of the good times they had had drinking Grandpa's wine with him out on the front porch of the ol ranch house. I was told, the old Bunkhouse came in handy, got put to use quite often back in those days.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I once found King Tut's cat underneath the boards of a barn. It was all mummified and everything.

"... It was all mummified and everything."

gold sarcophagus?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Funny this just popped up lol. I was working at the ranch the other day and found a Coleman gasoline iron, still in the original box with the fuel measuring can and everything.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-14 AT 04:59PM (MST)[p]My ex-girlfriend with my brother. So ended 2 relationships

Found this in a old 2 room log cabin, of course it didn't look this good at the time!

1805dsc01538.jpg

2a0fcsk.gif

Geeze Tony, that thing is HUGE!! what does he score if you don't mind?

Eelgrass said, "Feleno, it was in Wyoming, I doubt they were yours."

who said a guy starts to lose it as he gets older? ;-)

My Dad believed in a full load when he went to the dumps and anything that was old, wasn't worth keeping around. I arrived up at the ranch one day and saw that Dad was about ready for a dump run. For some reason, he had "cleaned up" the "shop" and had a full load of old stuff in the back of his pickup. Looking back, there was thousands of dollars worth of old collectables in that rig. I pulled out a bunch of stuff i still have and being the dumps was right around the hill on our property, made several trips there to continue to salvage old tools and things otherwise destined to be lost forever.

One mans trash is another man's treasure!

Joey

I was tearing down a barn for the wood, throwing, banging, etc. I lifted some trash off an old wooden box to find about a dozen rotten dynamite sticks. After I got done running like a beotch, I called the FD. They just covered it in hay and diesel and let them smolder and burn themselves out. Rather anticlimactic for all the commotion I was making.

That's a huge buck Tony. Great find. I wonder how Kirt Darner missed that one?:)

Joey, they were way too small for me.:)

My neighbor has a 1968 Camero in his garage. I think he told me it is a 396 4 speed car. It's been there since 1976 when we moved here. He's in his 80's. I kinda got one eye on it.(like a vulture, I guess). He says his son wants it.

Eel

....found this under the seat of a long ago abandoned 1937 chevy 2 door....it was still loaded......and yes the barrel has been poorly arc welded to the receiver.

1379image.jpg

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

Yeah that's my dad Eel, send me my $2000 and it's yours.

Bill

People who work for a living are quickly being
overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

Found a girl's virginity in an old barn once. Right after she lost it.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup, I just stir it.[/font]

A few years ago, 2 days before Thanksgiving, our barn burned to the ground. Months later I was cleaning up the area with a backhoe and thought about other buried stuff beneath the barn floor. So, I parked the hoe and dug down about 6' all over.

Didn't find any treasures, but, I did find Uncle Jack. He hand built that 2 story barn and loved working in it, especially near the grinder. I found his ashes in a plastic box. I dug down about 8' and buried him again in that same box, this time I put the box in a 40mm ammo can.

That Buck was killed by my great Uncle back in '33. Found it in the little 2 room log cabin that my grandma grew up in, just sitting on the dirt floor. He had it mounted back then, the old way with clay over the skull. The fur was just falling off, and the antlers were bleach white, but hard and solid. Here is an old pic (scanned image, has some gook on it), after removing the clay and fur, still kicking myself for not having a camera when I found it.

B&C official score is 210-7/8" gross, 204-4/8" net. 34" Wide, "28 mains, 16" G4's, with a 28" inside spread. A true giant typical!

1077buck.jpg

2a0fcsk.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom