Bargin Cave - Cabela's

400bull

Very Active Member
I stopped in at the local Cabela's store over the weekend and noticed that they had several binos in the Bargin Cave that I have been looking at. The ones in the Bargin Cave run a couple hundred $$$$ less then the new once. I was going to check them out but I did not have the time. Has anyone bought optics from the Bargain Cave? Do they have the same warrenty as the new ones do? Would you recommend buying optics from the Bargin Cave or get the news ones?

400bull

I purchased some Steiner 10X50 binos for 1/2 price in the bargain cave. As far as how the warantee works, at least in my case...if the warantee papers are still in the box and haven't already been used, the warantee applies as if you bought them new. It was a great deal as far as I'm concerned.

If they are Cabelas brand there is only a 90 day warranty. If they are Zeiss, Swaro's etc the warranty is whatever their company covers and they will need to be sent directly to manufacturer. Cablea's has nothing to do with the other companies warranties from the bargain cave.

I had the bargain cave guy in Sidney,Ne tell me once that you would have to contact the company to see if the warranty would still be in effect,as you would be the 2nd owner of the item.He kinda acted like he didn't really want to touch the issue.This was several years ago.I suppose a guy could call them and ask.Like mentioned before,if the original warranty papers hadn't been filled out,no problem.Cabela's has a lot of people buy expensive optics before season,and return them for a refund under thier 30 day guarantee.

I was told the same thing at another store. I guess it is worth contacting the manufacturer and checking, it steered me away though. I kind of got the impression of buyer beware.

I'm a regular in the bargain cave, and a regular optics buyer. It's a disease. That said, I've yet to find a really good optics deal in the BC. Typically, Doug from Camerland can beat the bargain cave prices, and his stuff is new. Look around- usually you'll find better.

The BC is great for some items, but optics are not one of them.

I was told that if you return an item to Cabelas they won't reship it to anyone else as new, it goes to the cave.

i bought my range finder (leupold RXII) for about 1/4 of the original price. worked perfectly fine. all it had was a torn boz.

Don't pass on the first day if you would shot it the last day

I brought two pair of Bino at BC one is my 8x30 swarovski and the second was brought at Bass Pro in Springfield in there Retunr goods and they was my 15x56 BOTH was great deals and they are both covered by the warranty.

I love the BC

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

The optics that I am looking at are the Cabela's Euros 10X42. I can pick them up for about $675.00 in the BC. If I were to buy them off the shelf they run $799.00. I'm trying to figure out if its worth the $125.00 savings to get them from the BC. I've never had good luck buying second hand stuff so I'm a little leery about the deal. Where it's Cabela?s optics and supposedly they have a life time warranty on them I think that I might be OK. I guess I'll have to drop in again to see what the deal is.

400bull

I'd wait. They run sales on the 10x42 Euros a couple of times a year for $699.99. The last time they were on sale was during one of their promotions where if you used a Cabela's Club Visa, you could've saved another $100.00 off a purchase of $500.00 or more.

Good call Foreman, I completly forgot about the sales they do from time to time. I guess I'll wait untill they go on sale or I talk myself in to laying down the big bucks for the EL's.

400bull

Check out Dougs post on the the post SHOT show demos in the optics forum. He has the Minox glass listed, #62157 10x43 only $579.99. I believe these are the same as the cabelas but without the cabelas branding.

I was told that guys "buy' them to take on a hunt them send them back, so most of them have almost no use. Good scheme though, want those Zeiss, buy them for that elk hunt then send them back, no money out of pocket!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-10 AT 07:50AM (MST)[p]Shop the online camera stores and it is very likely you will beat Cabela's Bargain Cave prices and still get a brand new pair of binoculars.

I despise the guys that pull such crap - who do you think subsidizes their *#?holeness? You're right - the rest of us who shop there!! There is a reason why Cabelas is higher than many places. I understand Cabelas is partially to blame for having its 100% satisfaction guarantee, but come on - as sportsman let's have a little integrity here.

Thats BS. Because of people with piss poor ethics and values are the reason Cabelas has had to revamp their "No questions asked, replace for free dang near forever warranty". It's idiots like that abusing a good thing that costs the rest of us. Friggen punks.

Norkal

INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!

take this however you want.

" I was in the BC one fine day, and to my suprise what did I find?
an RCBS Charge master combo, you reloaders will know what this is.
it was marked returned... and the price $200.00. i nearly wet myself, as I packed it around the store. then I got to thinking, what if i spend two bills on this and it is broken.

So i called my good buddy <(who has worked there for a few years) and this is what he said. "" Cabelas has a 100% customer satisfaction grantee."" ""you might have to cry and make a spectacle , but if it does not work, they will back it up.""

So i bought it and it has not missed a beat.

I think it was returned after buyers remorse set in. "

thats my bit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom