Barbary Sheep

S

seedsman

We're looking for some info on a few good places to hunt Barbary Sheep in the Texas Panhandle.

Maybe a combo hunt with some hogs. Would like to put something together for the end of 2011 or start of 2012.

Looking for a trespass hunt if possible. I hunted on a ranch in 1978 near the Palo Duro Canyon and had a great time but have long since lost the information.

Thanks for any information.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-11 AT 09:36AM (MST)[p]You can put in the draw in Texas for Devil's river exotic hunt. I got drawn on that hunt 4 years ago and took and old pregnant ewe late on the 2nd day of my hunt, did not see any rams in my compartment.

This property is 30,000+ acres of rocks and cactus donated to the department that holds free ranging barbary, axis and blackbuck, although Barbary are the main target.
I know its not the panhandle, but for a $3 chance and $130 permit, worth putting in for.
I did see a 30+ inch monster on the road outside the property when I was leaving and saw some other great rams taken, so they do exist out there.

In the panhandle you can put in for the Palo Duro Canyon hunt. Success rate in 2009 was 50% there.

Public draw books will come out in late July usually.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/public/lands/public_hunting_system/

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom