Barbary Sheep??

R

roadkill_44

Anyone hunt barbary sheep? I got my first one three weekends ago. Could anyone help me post the picture?

i missed this one..i saw other one..congrats on your first one

can i see the pic?

sent to me i ll post

vinihunt :)

Where did you get it on public or private?I,ve gone twice and never seen one of those damn things walked alot and glassed but no luck

Public land, throught the whole hunt we saw about fifty. It was the best hunt i have been on.

Were you hunting the guadlupes?And how big was your sheep?Hopefully Vini can post your pics congragulations.....

vince2.jpg

that is one of my favorite pic...35" 18 base..shot on public land!!! s.e. of NM

vinihunt

I sent another email maybe it will work this time, I am also going to send you an email from my personnel account at hotmail.

Hey vini thats awesome is that pic tanken where you droped him?I want one of those things bad.I'm building a house and wasn't able to go this year but once its finished its on.....

roadkill...where u from?
crazymaez...where u from?

yes that's where i shot him! dropped dead same spot! but didn't carry full body like roadkill did!! toooooo heavy!! the head its self was very heavy than front and back legs! took 2 trips!

vinihunt

Vini i,m here in santa.My dad works at the hospital with gato negro he's posted threads on bowsite him and his group usually all fill their tags.He,s the one that told us where to go.I know he went this year but my dad hasnt bumped into him at work to see how it went.......... later vato

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-05 AT 08:11PM (MST)[p] do you guys eat those? how do they taste?
I have had a hard on to kill one of those for a couple of years. If anyone needs a hunting partner next year give me a PM

Not to take anything away from someone who hunts the "Poor Man's Bighorns" but, I have been hunting barbary sheep for the past 19 years and have never seen a sheep on public or private land that will go over 31". Trust me when I say that I have been on some of the premier ranches in NM and seen lots of sheep, over 300 this year alone.
Vini, if that sheep is 35" with 18" bases you have a top 3 candidate for sci.
Looking at him he is good but does not look an inch over 28, the top sheep in sci do not have 18" bases, look more like 12", never the less a good sheep.
Please dont take it personal this is not an attack just an observation. Looks like you are at the rim, hellish country.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom