Bank Fraud?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
I was informed by my Bank that someone posted a charge to my Visa bank check card that looked suspicious. After further review, it was discovered that someone was after my funds illegally. The Bank voided that Card and will be getting me another card within a week or so.

Has anyone else here been dinged? The gal at my Bank said that it was quite common.

Also but not related, seems credit is becoming more easily available again. Just in the past few months, i've been getting lots of credit card pre-approved offers and options for various low interest balance transfers. Some are even sending blank checks to cash. I used to get these quite often but that was 3-4 years ago...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Happened to me about 6 months ago. Fraudulent charges were made at a Home Depot in a town almost 300 miles from where I live. Fraud charges were also made at a Williams-Sonoma store. The hits totaled over $1,800.00. The person I dealt with in the bank fraud division said it is very prevalent now a days. Also got stung with a fraudulent check. The scammer had made a perfect duplicate check of my business account. Those SOB's will stop at nothing!

a year ago while driving home from cali. we had a 350.00 charge for fuel on our creditcard at a truck stop in arizona. our bank took it off our account

LAST EDITED ON Jun-23-12 AT 04:11PM (MST)[p]I use a credit card so they have no way to get any money from me.
I did see a few years ago when checking account activity, that I had evidently joined Friend Finder for a little side action. A call to the cc company nipped it and a new card was issued. That was the one and only time.

the dwr has took me for about 5oo' 5 bucks a shot, the bank wont do anything,,,,???

I got hit for a couple thousand dollars at a strip club, a brothel and numerous bars one time in Las Vegas. Somebody stole my credit card out of my hotel room while I was in church. At least thats what my wifes believes happened.

I get hit all the damned time. It seems like I have to change cards at least twice a year because people are freaks and don't want to work for anything. I even had some loser bytch using my bank account info to pay her electric and gas bills and the stupid ass cops waited so long to investigate that the whore moved away so there was nothing they could do.

I think that even if they are caught, they get a slap on the wrist so it's not a big deal but if they were actually punished for doing it, they might think twice about a second time. I wouldn't even put them in jail, I would require 80 hours of community service cleaning public toilets with a toothbrush but then again if their broke asses have to steal, I'm certain that their own toilets are probably even worse.

About a year ago I had a $50 charge on my credit card to a place I never heard of. I called the bank and they said they would investigate. Mean while I was liable for it. I told them if I paid the $50 I would immediatly pull all my checking, savings, and CD accounts and switch to another bank. They issued a new card and said I wasn't liable.

It's nerve wracking but pretty common I guess.

Eel

Shortly after my credit card scam, I got called for jury duty.
Needless to say, the chump was charged with credit card fraud. The judge asked the jury pool if anyone had issues regarding the charges and could you be completely unbiased. LOL. I was immediately let go.

Spent many years as a bank loan officer/manager. What you described is not unusual. The solution is, as you said, switch account numbers.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom