Band Tail Pigeons??

C

ClorideRUS

What's up with the band tail pigeons? They are everywhere!!! I don't ever remember seeing band tails except up in the mountains & now I see them everywhere I go. The hunt opened up for dove & band tails on Sep. 1. Has anyone hunted them? & how do you do it?

RUS

IN THE LAST YEAR WE'VE HAD ALOT OF THEM UP HERE TOO!!!

DON'T KNOW WHERE THE HELL THEY CAME FROM???

MAYBE THEY'LL BECOME AS PESKY AS TAME PIGEONS???

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I was Falling timber out of Scott Valley, N Ca 25 years ago and hunted some on top of a flyway pass over a hogsback ridge and it was fun. The more I started shooting the higher they started flying and it was a good thing I had a long barreled full choke 12 guage at the time. BUT THEY TASTED LIKE CRAP. So I didn't hunt them anymore. Use large lead shot cause they are tough buggers.

Find their flight paths, in the hills it is usually a saddle where they can fly between two hills. Or locate roost area and set up on path they use to go to feed or water.
They are tough buggers more ways then one, hard to bring down and tough as shoe leather to eat. Best way is to cook them like you would do chicken and dumplings.

RELH

Back in the old days when logging was considered an honorable profession, (now it's considered a social disease similar to necrophelia), we had lots of pigeons. They loved the Elderberries that thrived after the loggers moved out. But then back then we had lots of quail, grouse, rabbits, and deer too.

It sounds like they all moved to Utard. Poor birds!:)

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom