Ball games

feddoc

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON May-23-19 AT 04:03PM (MST)[p]Dunno how many of us have played fast pitch, I thought I'd put this out there.

I played fastpitch and baseball in HS. As a team. We had a lot more success with fast pitch than we did with baseball.

I played fastpitch I played in whatever leagues I could find in the 70s up through the mid 80s.

A girl who throws in the 70s, as Wiszard mentioned is darn fast.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_baseball_and_softball

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

As much as I LOVE softball, I cannot sit through a game of baseball. It is far too slow for my taste. I guess it would be relaxing to go watch if you had the right attitude.

They say hitting a softball is more difficult than hitting a baseball. It has something to do with its trajectory. A baseball HAS to be pitched downward to hit the strike zone where a softball releases the ball IN the strike zone so the ball has many more possibilities of direction to still hit the strike zone. I agree with the logic though some may not.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

I'm not much of a team sports dude but I had the occasion to watch some girls pitch on TV, while in my hotel room this weekend, when the wife and I were on a hiking vacation.

All I can say is "WOW". I don't think I could hit the ball, ever!
Pretty impressive and cool that Whiz's daughter is a star at the sport.

Zeke

#livelikezac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom