Baja 500

T

TAGATTRACTER

Just wanted to give you guys an update on our trip to Baja. We were the 34th Trophy Truck off the starting line and had a flawless run. Our 5th place finish is the best we have done since stepping up to Trophy Truck last year.

We had over 40 volunteers helping out with the pit stops and chasing the Truck. There is not a 20 mile stretch along the course we didn't have a team member waiting to lend a hand should any problems arrive.

Primm Nevada is next on September 10th - 12th

2332dsc09303_~3.jpg

Thanks Rug. Once in Mexico it is all fun. All the hard work happens between races. The entire truck is torn apart and rebuilt from one end to the other between races.

Stinky should look into one of these for his Oil Field roads. :)

Right on Tag!! Congrats again to you!!! Good luck in NV, maybe lady luck did not give you a tag for a different reason?

Some facts on the truck.
442 Cubic Inch all Aluminum Small Block Chevy makes 803 HP and gets 2.2 MPG.

Runs 39 x 13.50 x 17 BFG Baja TA tires. 4 brand new to start the race plus 2 new rears put on at every pit stop. There were 2 pit stops for this race.

Has 28 inches of suspension on the front and 32 on the rear.

10" Chrisman rearend with 5:43 gear ratio.

TH400 Auto Trans with 3800 stall Torque Converter.

Thanks guys. It really is too much fun !

Nice job there TAG!
You ever get to the Basin with that rig I want to drive it to the top,lol!
442 cubes huh?
Is the stroke longer than 4"?
What kind of fuel you running?

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

B Bop, The stroke is 4.125 and she runs on Sonoco 112 leaded race fuel .

We will have to get you to Mexico if you want to drive it as Nevada is as far North as we go. :)

That's sweet. I'v been to a few of those races. Good times. My best friend growing up use to work for Walker Evans for a few years. Then for Nelson & Nelson Racing and Jimmie Johnson was one of their drivers. I was at the Baja 1000 with him helping out when Johnson nodded off at the wheel and drove his truck off a 20' cliff. Now my friend is the crew chief for Carl Renezeder. They don't do much desert racing anymore just short track racing. I think they have won the championship every year he has been Carls crew chief. He has become one of the best off-road race truck builders in the business, and thats just not my opinion, that's the opinion of a lot of their competitors as well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom