Baiting legal in Utah?

Kentuck

Was watching Lee and Tiffany bowhunt Utah last night on TV. They were hunting out of groud blinds and I noticed on one camera angle that there were little piles of yellow stuff all over the ground where the deer were. Is putting out bait or attractants legal there?

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-14 AT 08:09PM (MST)[p]On private property it is legal in Utah.

On public propety in Utah it is not.

Most of the animals those TV types take are pretty much tame or strait up in a cage.

I seen that vidio too. Those bucks cam into those apples like a crack head to a 20 pound rock.

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-14
>AT 08:09?PM (MST)

>
>On private property it is legal
>in Utah.
>
>On public propety in Utah it
>is not.
>
>Most of the animals those TV
>types take are pretty much
>tame or strait up in
>a cage.
>
>I seen that vidio too. Those
>bucks cam into those apples
>like a crack head to
>a 20 pound rock.
>
Actually, it's legal anywhere in Utah for big game (hoofed mammals), but not legal for upland game and waterfowl, and regulated for bears.

Second that, its legal everywhere... Better said, its not illegal. No law for it or against it. I haven't found anything that works very well for baiting deer, though.

Peanut butter, sugar water and vanilla, and honey. Oh and forget salt lick I have found good success using the water softener pellets, they eat those like candy too.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom