Badlands Bino case

R

Rodent_ID

scrat.jpg

Just wondering what people thought of this product(Badlands Bino case), have been looking and found it has been on backorder for sometime now but looks to be a handy item.

Its sweet man! One of my favorite things I've ever bought. Eliminates all the bouncing around of the crooked horn one. Plus keeps your glasses about 100 times cleaner.

Mountain west in Heber has them in stock. His # is 435-654-5755

Great product for sure.

I have used several types of bino systems, this one is by far the best! well worth the money. I use the range finder case as well,I also had them add the same strap that is on the range finder case added to the accessory/camera case it works great on larger range finders. (at no charge)!

Just got one in for a customer and liked it so much I ordered one for myself from Cabelas. I have an IPI harness that was good in its day, but the Badlands looks much improved over it.

Best bino case on the market IMO.

Cabela's carries it for $60

Sportsman's Warehouse carries them for $45

Best thing I bought this year. Wish I had it when I was hunting! get one.

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

I guess I'll be the dissenting voice.

There's a couple of things that aren't great about it. First, it's huge. It's like a backpack on your chest. Second, when you need to glass an animal quickly, and you only have one hand (think archery) its a pain in the butt to open the case and grab the binos. Third, it's loud. When closing the case, if you're not careful, it makes a snapping sound as the magnets come back together. This noise has spooked two deer I have tried to stalk in the past. I used the badlands system for a bit, then got tired of the items mentioned above, and now it's back in the closet.

They certainly keep your binos clean and protected, but I went back to the old way. I don't use crooked horn - too much bounce. I use a similar system from nimrod that has no bounce. The straps are not elastic.

I will agree with dryflyelk, I really liked the bino case this spring for shed hunting and hiking this summer. But when I started archery hunting this fall I really started to notice the noise when you close it, you have to be really careful. It is also a pain when you are close to animals to have to use both hands to get into the bino case without moving too much. Just my .02

Good points from Dryflyelk!

To the first point of hard to use with one hand (archery).

The case actually has a string hook on the bottom of it. I shoot a string loop so this works out great. I simply hang my bow from the hook and now I have both hands free. This is handy for more than using your binos as well.

The noise issue I can see. You do need to be careful when closing when close to game.

I think overall the benefits far outweigh these minor issues.

IMO

I just got the Badlands and like it a lot, but like was stated it makes a fair amount of noise for a close bow hunt. For bow hunting I may go back to what I did use and that is the Mad dog shoulder straps with the crooked horn case.

I have the case and just can't get used to using it. Yes, it keeps the binos well protected, but I prefer my common harness over this case. I'm thinking of listing mine for sale on the classified section. If you can't find one for sale locally, send me a PM.

Bill

I'd have one and love it. You do have to be careful when bow hunting...but I dont think its a huge issue. I have a lot invested in my glass and this case really takes care of it. I've used it for some monster hikes and while out on a four wheeler all day long. Keeps everything clean and ready to go.

respect my authorita

scrat.jpg

I found everyones comments helpful, the bad in my case does not out weigh the good of the product. I was able to get one ordered and it was in hand within two days. I think this will definatly inhance my hunting experiance. Thanks all.........

I purchased the Badlands bino straps without the case and they are top notch. No bounce like Crooked Horn and no neck sores like Nimrod. Finally a pair I am not looking to replace the day after purchase.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom