Bad Weather

N

newtoot

LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-09 AT 12:30PM (MST)[p]Right now the big news with me is I am trying to fill a last minute mountain goat tag. I was offered the tag (G16)last Friday for the season that started on the 21st. The weather is so bad and I was hunting by myself due to no time to get a partner.
Somebody turned back in a tag and I was next on the list. I am having second thoughts now but it's too late for that. I was up at my cabin which is 15 miles from the Goat area, when it started snowing Sunday night.
Monday morn I started for hunt area but couldn't even see mountains so I went back to cabin. Tuesday at noon I made it up to where I planned to leave my truck but the weather was terrible. I couldn't even glass for blowing and drifting snow. The wind was blowing at least 20 mph and it would snow and then snow some more. Today was more of the same. Thursday is predicted to be more of the same. On the level Tuesday, snow was 5 or 6 in deep but a guy with ATV up there said the Forest Service roads had drifts as deep as 3 feet. Last night more snow came and snow was showing way down the mountain from before. You can call me afraid or call me cautious but I could get in trouble real fast up there so I "temporarily" came home. Anyway, I'm hoping the weather gets better in the next few days. I can't hunt week ends up there anyway, so if I get a partner and the weather lets up, I'll be back up next Monday. Would appreciate any help! Ph 303 343 9175 OR Cell 720 281 7295 Email [email protected]

Thanks Ray

I still could use help!! I'm weighing the feasibility of going back up there by myself OR NOT. Thanks Ray

goat tags are to rare and to hard to get not to give it a go.how long is the season? the weather will break and you should get your chance.don't give up hope just be safe.

The season lasts thru this coming Friday. I do have a couple possibilities as to getting someone to help me but don't know for sure. The weather is supposed to get better until Wednesday. Ray

End Of Season For Me
Thanks for Help, All!!
I sure do appreciate the help but I think it's over for me. No goat. As to getting tag, I was called by CO DOW to tell me I was next on the list and asking me if I wanted the tag. I let my enthusiasm overrun my good sense and took the tag. I lost all 10 points (3/7).
I just returned tonite from a 2 and a half day hunt. Didn't even see one. Did see one herd of elk, some deer and one herd of antelope.
I also have some obligations back in West Tennessee to help my sister (I was back there 5 times last year to help her when she had some mental illness difficulties, she is better that way now but now has multiple physical problems, she lives alone and I am the only sibling)and,Oh Yeah the deer and turkey archery season is in progress back there. Plus I've been gone three quarters of the last month hunting. I did harvest a buck antelope w/bow.
It sure was nice of the offfers to help.
Also weather is moving in up there, same type of stuff that cancelled out almost all of last week for me. Maybe even more than last week. There were drifts of three feet on some Forest Service roads then. Maybe it won't last as long as last week.
Again Thanks, I appreciate it!! Ray

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom