Bad situation. Advice?

Long Time Member
So a buddy of mine confided a situation to me last night looking for some advice. He was pretty rattled about the whole thing and to be honest, I'm not sure I know the answer.

His wife just joined some city league indoor soccer thing. Apparently, she is gone about three nights a week and he was getting irritated because not only is it three nights a week, but it is usually starting at 9-10 pm and she doest not get home until midnight. Many nights he says he has to get the kids in bed, and he is fast asleep before she even gets home.

I know what you're thinking, and I was thinking the same thing. Yes, it gets worse. He tells her she needs her time but three nights is just a bit much and she gets defensive about the whole thing.

Well, last night, he gets home from work and she is wearing a dinner dress and gives him 2 minutes advanced notice that her "soccer friends" are going to have a girls night out and go to a fancy dinner. Without any further discussion she goes outside and jumps into a waiting sedan. The car speeds off into the night and by now he is furious.

He got his kids into bed and decided now was the time to do aomething about all this nonesense and investigate what is going on. He spent the next couple of hours looking through papers, bills, or anything else in hopes of finding out what is really going on. Apparently he found some suspicious notes, and looking through her cell phone bills he found two numbers that were called quite frequently that he does not recognize. One of the numbers has previously popped up on his home phone caller ID and when he answered in the past the other end disconnected.

Well, standing in the living room furious about how to confront the situation, he sees the same small black sedan coming down the road and stopping across the street from his house. Desperate to find out what is going on in the car and who she is with, he grabs his model 70 and cranks up the Leupold to 9X. He later said it was probably a stupid thing to do but his binocs were in his truck and he could not get to them without being seen.

What happens next is a complete shock but I guess it is what it is. As he is gazing through the scope he can't see much as the windows of the sedan are now all fogged up. She finally exits the sedan and starts to walk towards the front door. As she approaches he can see her adjusting her clothing and wiping smeared lipstick from her face with a tissue. He now tries to catch the plate number of the sedan as it pulls down the street and it dawns on him that his Leupold has fog on the inside of the lense. He cannot believe what he is seeing. So the complex question facing him; should he now try and get the Leupold fixed, or go ahead and make this the time to buy his new Zeiss he has been looking at. What do you guys think?

THAT AIN'T SO!!!

LEUPOLDS DON'T FOG UP UNLESS SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG!!!

LMAO!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

That is exactly why he was in shock..and so was I when he told me. I told him it's not the end of the world. They have a good warranty policy.

At the 1st opportunity he should rifle through his wifes purse. Grab the card and go straight to Cabellas and buy the Swaro scope. Guess I'm stupid but I don't see a problem here.

RUS

I think this is more of a question for Stinkystomper.

I don't want to speak for him, but, I think he would recommend the Nightforce.

Myself, I am pretty disappointed in Leoupolds lately also.

By the way, hope the wife's soccer team is doing well

I think he's a lucky man myself. Can you imagine what would have happened if he didn't notice his scope was screwed up until hunting season?????

This could have been bad!

Eel

President Obama and Congress should leave gun rights alone. It's above their pay grade.

Get the Zeiss, He has three nights a week to shoot and get used to it. Lucky ba$*@%d........

Heck with spotting scope question, i want to know if the other person in the sedan she was kissing was a woman?!!

GEEZUS Faleno!!!

BEFORE Beefy CHIMES IN I'LL ADD TO INSULT!!!

Beefy IS GONNA WANNA KNOW IF THEY ARE BOTH CUTE???

AND WHAT THE UPSTAIRS LOOK LIKE???

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

I posted this same thing a couple years ago, except it was a spot of rust on my trusty rifle. Good stuff...

Tony,I remember reading it when you posted...you had me until the end...I was actually feeling for you until the punch line...

Great stuff.

oh..1911, nice post, thanks for sharing.

That's a tough question.

I think it partially depends on the type of hunting your buddy likes to do.

Personally, I like Leupolds okay, and can even get them wholesale through my wife. But I hate spending that much money on something I'm just going to abuse; even more so with a Z. So I'd recommend going with a Sightron, and use the money saved towards either a reloader or more lead, primers, and powder.

Being the uncertain political climate that we currently find ourselves in, not sure how easy or difficult it will be to obtain these staples in the future, but I think it's better if he's prepared...

I wish your buddy the best in these difficult times...

Also, with the dems taking the POTUS in January, global warming as we know it is going to stop, so I'd recommend that he consider that while selecting a scope based on its anti-fog properties...

Well you can't beat the warranty on the Leupold. So you send it back and get if fixed for free - then you tell the wife that it is good she is getting some "me" time and that you are glad you are super stoked and that her figure is looking really great with all the extra exercise. However realizing it is rather time consuming and though you enjoy the opportunity to spend extra quality time with the kids, you are going to treat yourself to a little "me" reward as well so you go down to Sportsman's buy the Remington 700 XCR in a 7MM and put the Zeiss on it! Casually leave the slip of paper with the suspicious phone number and the partial plate and vehicle description right next to the bill for the new goods!

Now that's a balanced marriage!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

He is very fortunate that he discovered the malfunctioning scope prior to taking it on a hunting trip.. That could have been VERY VERY serious.. Why he could have missed the buck of a lifetime.. I shudder just thinking about it.. Looks a though someone is watching over him..

I have always used Leupolds and their customer service is stellar so unless the little woman is willing to spring for the Zeiss and I'll bet she won't.. Than I would repair the Leupold.

Jim

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom