Bad News!

Hiker of the Woods

First Ever "Animal Rights" Caucus Formed in California Legislature!

Importance of COHA Reaches New Heightened Level

In a move that further validates California as the front line in the nationwide fight to protect the future of hunting, the California State Legislature has laid claim to the first ever Caucus formed solely to push an animal rights agenda. According to a press release issued by the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the new "Animal Protection Caucus" - co-chaired by Senator Dean Florez (D-Shafter), Senator Tony Strickland (R-Thousand Oaks), Assembly Member Cameron Smyth (R-Santa Clarita), and Assembly Member Pedro Nava (D-Santa Barbara) - will serve to highlight important issues affecting animals and to educate legislators and their staff on the need for "sensible" animal protection legislation.

This bold move by certain members of the California Legislature and the animal rights community clearly demonstrates their focus on California and their increased priority of passing legislation in our state that directly challenges your freedom to hunt.

"Although it may be unfathomable, hunters and other conservationists have just been served serious notice that California will now face even greater challenges to our outdoor traditions," stated California Outdoor Heritage Alliance President, Bill Gaines.

California's outdoorsmen and women simply have no choice but to ensure their voice is loud and united in the halls of the State Capitol by supporting the California Outdoor Heritage Alliance (COHA) and COHA's Political Action Committee (COHA PAC). Do your part - unite with COHA and help meet this challenge by joining COHA at Join COHA. Support COHA PAC and enter to win great prizes by purchasing tickets for the COHA PAC raffle at COHA PAC. COHA PAC funds are only used to help elect pro-hunting candidates for statewide public office

You're saying join COHA in order to assure that their agenda does not move forward? Let our voices be heard within the COHA? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it seems to me COHA is a bad thing.

Steve

I just found this on the internet and thought I would share with all the CA hunters. I don't know anything about that group at the bottom, but you CA hunters may want to look into it. I know if something like that happened here in OR; I would be all over it.

read it again wizs....this is a warning put out by coha about this new caucus....coha is not the animal rights group

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I read it twice already.....maybe the next time I read it I'll read it from left to right!

Steve

well then.....maybe redoing high school would help

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

A lot of people go to college for seven years.............they're called doctors

Rub some dirt on it, ya sissy!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-10 AT 11:50AM (MST)[p]Seems fairly clear to me and I only went to college for 4 years and in Nebraska, no less. "Animal Protection Caucus" = Bad, COHA = Good.

"California's outdoorsmen and women simply have no choice but to ensure their voice is loud and united in the halls of the State Capitol by supporting the California Outdoor Heritage Alliance (COHA) and COHA's Political Action Committee (COHA PAC). Do your part - unite with COHA and help meet this challenge by joining COHA at Join COHA".

Pruney
Guns kill people? That's like saying a spoon made Rosie O'Donnell fat

Oh when I saw "Bad News" I thought you were going to say the Utah DOW was taking another 25% of the nonresident tags for their expo raffle scam.

I heard that boys can only hunt boy animals and girls can only hunt girl animals in CA. Is that true?

HK

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-10 AT 03:57PM (MST)[p]cd

No, but unfortunately I got in the game 14 years ago and have 13 dilluted mule deer points I am stuck with until I can draw something good, after which I'll be omitting UT from my draw shedule.......IF there are ANY NR tags at all left by then. Had I known the program would have been bait-n-switched by DP I'd definitely never started.

By the way IL has the highest NR whitetail permit fees in the US and I am dead against our policy and lobby against it too.

"COHA PAC funds are only used to help elect pro-hunting candidates for statewide public office."

First they have to find one.

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

>"COHA PAC funds are only used
>to help elect pro-hunting candidates
>for statewide public office."
>
>First they have to find one.
>
>
>Eel
>
>Know guns, know peace, know safety.
>No guns, no peace, no
>safety.