Bad Name or Bad Announcing?

TripleK

Long Time Member
I had to announce a parade yesterday and there was a hard name that tripped me up for a second. It wasn't even a Native American name, either. Although there are usually plenty of those, but I've learned to pronounce most of them...Poowegup, Selestwa, Chapoose, Secakaku, Cesspooch, Serawop...etc. But this one name...the name of the kid who was Mr. UBIC was Pherd. PHERD??? WHo the hell names their kid Pherd? (UBIC stands for Uintah Basin In Celebration)

So, I announce to the world that Pherd is Mr. UBIC. I only said it once because that name just didn't feel right, but nobody told me any different so I just went with it. All the while I'm thinking "Who the hell names their kid Pherd???"

Turns out the kid's name is phRed. FRED, but spelled P-H-R-E-D. Who does that?? Anyway, nice typo on my parade annoucner sheet...spelling it Pherd. Phred I could've gotten just phine...but Pherd? Not a chance. I sure feel like an idiot.

Wish you woulda phigured it out phirst huh?!

LOL

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

LOL TEE-TEE-K!!!

ANYBODY IN THE U.S. THAT SPELLS FRED LIKE PHRED DESERVES TO BE CALLED PHERD!!!

AFTER THE WEDDING I HAD TO GO TO I STOPPED BY THE PARK AND HAD SOME DUTCH OVEN FOOD!!!

DAMN THAT WAS GOOOOOOOOD!!!

NOT AS GOOD AS BeanMans FEAST BUT IT WAS GOOD FOOD!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

AND ONE MORE THING TEE-TEE-K!!!

AFTER YOU PHIGURED OUT YOU PHU##ED UP DID YOU SAY PHU##???

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-07 AT 10:03PM (MST)[p]Only a Phool would name a kid Phred. Course I dated a gal named Phannie once but only cause she let me play with her Phits. If I would have had braces I wouldn't talk like Phis.

Phather Phorgive me Phor I have sinned. And Phlease don't mind the sPhit ... buck teePth ain't Phun

RUS

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-07 AT 10:48PM (MST)[p]>AND ONE MORE THING TEE-TEE-K!!!
>
>AFTER YOU PHIGURED OUT YOU PHU##ED
>UP DID YOU SAY PHU##???
>
LOL They'd have run me outta town for sure! Headlines in the Standard would read, "Phoul-mouthed Parade Announcer Drops 'F' Bomb".

I didn't actually figure it out til I got home and my husband mentioned the PH spelling of the name Fred. Guess he didn't pay much attention when I was announcing it and he was 5 feet away from me, huh?

There was another misspelling on my cards, too. The mayor of Ballard's wife's name is Yonne, pronounced *Why-own*. It was written Yvonne on my card, so I said Yvonne. Someone corrected me and I apologized to her and said it correctly. Wish someone would've told me ol' Pherd's name was really Phred! lol

TEE-TEE-K!!!

WAS HE 5 FEED AWAY???

OR PHIVE PHEET AWAY???

LOL!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

YOUR PHRICKEN PHUNNY TEE-TEE-K!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

TTK, you knew how to pronounce Phuket the other day on the Trivia Challenge. You know, the town in Taiwan (I think).

Maybe the kids name is Poo-RED?

Eel

'Kabong, there's a joke that goes along
with that, that I can't think of for my life
that Justin Wilson used to tell.......

Help me

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom