Bad drivers

AndymanSavage

Very Active Member
Having grown up in Utah and driving in many other states as well, I had come to the understanding that we are the worst drivers on the road. But after spending two days driving in vegas this past week, I have to say that Nevada has the worst drivers that I have ever seen. These were not tourists or rentals, but Nevada residents. I saw more crashes and near-crashes in two days than I see in two months here in zion. This was not downtown vegas either. I hate to lose the title, but congradulations Nevada driver, You are the worst.....

I made this same post about 3 years ago when I was almost in two near misses there in SLC. But had some member who was from or still lived in Atlanta, GA and he said, "if you think it is bad there, come back here to Atlanta and see what it is like, everyone thinks they are race track drivers and are trying to qualify for Indy".

Brian

you could be right andy , I drive in vegas every day for a const co. I have only seen one place worse, and that would be la , but vegas is right on there heels , lots of road work dosent help either,

remember vegas is the melting pot of every bad habit in the world,we get 4000 new ones every month.

I'll tell you what. You haven't seen anything until you spend a winter down here in AZ. I live in an area of Mesa that the population almost doubles every winter. And most of that increase shouldn't have drivers licenses. And if you pull into a Walmart parking lot your taking your life into your own hands.

The same people come to Logan Ut. For the summer. Walmart is a gathering place for them. I spent some time in St.louis Mo. There were bad drivers there too!

Yur post comes at a good time for me. Funny story here, It's not too bad here in Durango but the other morning I was coming to work. Well I turned on to the main highway and there was a bmw in front of me. He puttered along and finally got up to 55 (65 mph zone). I remembered this car because I was behind him a few mornings earlier and wondered why someone would drive a nice bmw 55 mph.
Anyways, he goes 55 for about 6 miles, as we are coming down a hill I got a chance to pass, still 65 and he is still going 55. There was a car in front of him but a few hundred feet ahead so I had room to get between the bmw and the car in front of him. As I start to pass he speeds up and won't let me pass, by then he has caught up with the car in front of him and a truck is coming down the other side of the hill head on, so I had to slow down and get back behind him. OF course I honked, flipped him off and cursed a little bit.
About 1 mile further down he turns to go towards the airport (there is also a business down this road which I think is where he works). Well this is a dead end road so I whip in behind him and start following. I was just going to ask him what his problem was. As soon as I started following him I could tell he was crapping a brick. I could tell he reached up and grabbed his cell phone and I was praying he was going to call the cops (or an ambulance). He went all the way to the airport 20 mph, he didn't know what he was going to do. He then went all the way around the parking lot and pulled up behind some cars that were parked at the baggage drop off. I though perfect- I pulled up beside him so he couldn't get out and with my window down started yelling at him 'hey you $%%^%^## jerk, what's your problem!?" He didn't know what to do, he wouldn't even look at me, after the 3rd time of yelling at him to roll his window down he threw it in reverse and backed up about 300 feet. I got out and was yelling at him telling him I was going to call the cops along with some pretty bad names.
He wouldn't come up to me so I just left, when I got to work I called the Sheriff and gave them his license number so hopefully they called him. I can't wait to get behind him again, I'll pass him if he is poking along, see if he does it again.
Afterwards I was glad the security didn't come out for a terrorist attack or something! If I could of thought straight I could of went in to the airport as there is always a deputy in there but unfortunately I didn't think of that at the time.

Also Albuquerque is really bad, especially people running red lights. I always wait a couple of seconds and look both ways before going on green.

The comon thread seems to be, bad drivers are in the higher population centers with a high density of people. Moral is to live in small towns or the country....LOL

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Easy there Andy! Careful who you are calling Nevada residents! :) Most of those people just temporarily live in Las Vegas and may be legally residents but are in no way Nevadans. In fact I'll bet 90% of the people in Las Vegas don't even know they live in Nevada and have never been out of the city limits. They're just every other state's cast offs (dneils, you may be the exception. I hope so. And of course Cass :) ).

But be sure there are very few Nevadans in Las Vegas. We may have the worst drivers. Anybody want 'em back? :)

you guys obviously haven't driven in oklahoma city

In January there was one really bad driver in North Queensland, Australia, he kept trying to drive on the right side of the road. He scared the crap out of my Wife more than once,

G'day,

BeanMan

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-04 AT 10:45AM (MST)[p]Bad drivers as far as scared for your life, ya Vegas. I always get cabs thats usually funner than the rides down there.

But as far as bad drivers to just piss you off,driving 40 in a 65,waiting tell the last minute to get off an exit,riding a car pool line until they have to cut someone off or go off the road
and the worst senior citizens in rush hour.
I would have to say Utah is still the worst!

WELL AFTER TODAY

I'LL ADMIT UTARDS ARE UTARDS!!!

PARLEYS WAS A TOTAL JOKE TODAY,YA THE SNOW FLAKES WERE BIG,BUT HELL I DIDN'T SEE THE NEED TO SLOW DOWN TO 2-1/2 MPH TO COUNT THEM!!!

THEY ACTED LIKE THEY'D NEVER SEEN IT SNOW BEFORE,AND THE CHICK IN FRONT OF ME THAT WAS DOING 90 MPH WAS NOT LIKING THE 2-1/2 MPH,SHE WAS USING ALOT OF 'SIGNALS',IT WAS QUITE FUNNY JUST WATCHING HER CUSS EVERYBODY!!!

THEN THIS AFTERNOON,I WAS HEADING SOUTH,THERE WAS A BUD TRUCK SIDEWAYS AND OFF THE ROAD JUST A LITTLE,HE WAS HEADED NORTH BUT ALL THESE IDIOTS HEADED SOUTH HAD THE NERVE TO DAMN NEAR STOP AND STARE AT THAT POOR BA$TARD DRIVING THE BUD TRUCK,HELL THEY SHOULD OF STARTED HANDING FREE BEERS OUT,WE COULD OF EASILY DRANK A SIX PACK WHILE GOCKING AT THE SEEN,NOT EVEN ON OUR SIDE OF THE ROAD,WHAT THE HELL IS GOING THROUGH THEIR HEADS AND WHERE THE HELL DID THEY GET A DRIVERS LICENSE???

SURE GLAD THE TIME WE HIT PLEASANT GROVE WE WERE BACK UP TO SPEED,DAMN,THAT DIDN'T TAKE LONG TO GET TO SPANISH FORK!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING:IF THE CONDITIONS EVER GET REAL SEVERE,MAYBE,JUST MAYBE,80% OF THESE NO DRIVING IDIOTS OUGHT TO STAY HOME,CAUSE THEY SURE AS HELL DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE!!!

I hear ya Bess,
your lucky it wasn't past Provo before you got up to speed.
Utah County is as bad as SLC anymore. I get the best of bolth worlds working in Rock Springs, and living in Utah County. Parleys,Salt Lake, and Utah County.

This is a funny topic...the thing is, everybody's definition of a "bad driver" is different. Where I live, and I assume it's the same everyewhere else, many people have a problem with drivers who drive the speed limit on the freeway. "Good drivers" always go over the speed limit, by at least 5 mph. They also pass on the right, if a car in the left lane is not going as much over the speed limit as they are. These are the drivers I consider bad drivers...the ones that always pass on the right, cut back in the left lane, come up on the next car that is only doing 75 mph, pass that car on the right, and cut in again, with barely enough room to spare. This is the type of driver that causes accidents, yet I am sure these people think everybody else who is driving in the left lane at "only" 75 mph are the bad drivers. Quite often I will be one of those people driving along in the left lane on Interstate 5, usually going anywhere from 70 to 75 mph, and with a solid line of traffic ahead of me, and one of these idiots who thinks they need to be the fastest car on the road, will get up behind me and tailgate me, thinking that will intimidate me enough and I will move over into the right lane so they can get in front of me, just so they can tailgate the next car that is 100 feet ahead of me. Well anyway, bad drivers are the ones who drive aggressively, and always want to be in the front. It's not that they don't have the skill to drive, it's just they don't have the patience. I guess that is the key word. Good drivers are patient, bad drivers are not.

anyone who doesn't drive like me is a bad driver. i have to be good to dodge all the bullets and wrecks and stuff that seem to happen around me. can't figger it out. only way anybody ever waves is with their middle finger too............

yeah, it really offends me. and it's always some 5' tall guy that's turning the other way. ever follow someone after they do that and see how nervous they get. pull along side em at a stop sign and they act like you ain't around.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom