Backyard visitor - identify!

Roy

LAST EDITED ON May-21-09 AT 08:56PM (MST)[p]We had another little backyard visitor tonight. He briefly passed through out kid infested yard and rested in the neighbor's yard long enough for me to snap a few pics. I apologize for the quality, I was standing on a milk crate looking over the top of the fence so I was a little unsteady. First one to identify the correct common name for this little feller will be instantly famous.

4a16127f04636519.jpg

4a1612ba05138dc4.jpg

4a1612de06efd18a.jpg

4a16130407676b39.jpg

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

That would be the common "IJUSTCRAPPEDDOWNBOTHLEGS" garden viper.

What do I win?

RUS

Thank you captains of the obvious! But what is the common name of this snake? And, should I be worried about it? I already know the answer, and I will tell you what I did when a correct guess is made or I become tired with your silly little games - whichever comes first.

For those of you not familiar with my location, I live in Central Texas, near Austin. That should give you a good start.

UTROY

>LAST EDITED ON May-21-09
>AT 08:59?PM (MST)

>
>turtle?

maybe - but without the shell! SCARY!! VERY SCARY!!

UTROY

>Common Sread'nater...
>
>NO...I'm not making that up.
>
>They're your friend.
>
>lrv

I think you are on the right track Larry - though I have never heard that name - please expand!

UTROY

I can't see the tail, so I would have to say a Black Mamba? I don't think they're dangerous......

Now tell us the REAL reason the photos are blurry!:)

Eel

LAST EDITED ON May-21-09 AT 09:21PM (MST)[p]Ok Larry - did some research - The Spreadnater is another common name for the Eastern Hognose Snake, which is also called the "Spreading Adder", hence the name "Spreadnater" - (NO RACK - DON'T GO THERE) - you are close, but this snake is a little different.

No Rack - not a cottonmouth either, but looks a lot like one!

And Eel - hush! I have proof that I was only looking at the wildlife this time!

UTROY

JUDAS FRICKEN PRIEST Roy!!!

THE NEIGHBOR LADY SEE YOU WITH THE CAMERA???

I CAN SEE IT ALL NOW!!!

WAS THERE A SECOND VISIT???

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

HEY eel!!!

BLACK MAMBA NOT DANGEROUS???

YOU'D BEST WATCH SOME MORE SNAKE MOVIES!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

I hope she did! I have proof and witnesses this time! LOL!

UTROY

Bobcat, I know Black Mambas are dangerous. It's just that Roy was shaking enough all ready, and I didn't want him to panic.

Eel

Soooooooo........Did you kill it? I either beat them to death with a stick, use way tooo much gun(12 Gauge) or a good shovel does the trick. I hope you flipped the dead bast@rd over in the "peepers" backyard:)

No - it wasn't in my yard when the pics were took - and I probably wouldn't have killed it anyway - it's a good snake - mice killing son of a gun! Besides, it is only the wildlife (and stray domesticated animals) that show up at my sister's house the mysteriously comes up missing!

UTROY

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom