backpack

I just purchased a horn hunter full curl combo pack. I will post my review later after I use it. But, after doing my research, it seemed like a quality pack.

I would suggest taking a look at the horn hunter mainbeam line if you are looking for something a little more economical, but still has good quality.

Their are seveal good packs out there. I use a Badlands Diablo and think it's made well and generally like it. I do hate the fact that I have a hard time trying to use the waist belt to pack my handgun or rangefinder or other stuff as Badlands really don't give you much roon on the belt to work with.

On a side note I bought a Horn Hunter Pack about 5 years ago and thought it was the neatest pack ever made until I wore it for a day. That thing was the heaviest little day pack I have ever wore. I took it back after using it for one day. They may have lightened them up since then, but they sure were heavy back when they first came out.

I love my Hard Core Hunting Pack from Janssens Adventure Outfitters for hunting sheds, hauling game and spiking out for a few days.

They are very high dollar, but do yourself a favor and get a Mystery Ranch Crewcab. So comfortable and you can do so many things with it. Plus you could back a pile of sheds easily. Lovin mine so far.

I have the Janseen pack and its a fine pack and will carry a lot and a good meat carrier. I actually am going to sell it though(its in near new condition) I wanted a more day pack and then a bigger pack. Bought the Eberlestock x2 as it got good reviews and was a good price. Not a bad pack, but did not fit me and the frame would dig into me. Spend the money and got a MR Dragonslayer and to me it carries weight a lot better then the x2 and the fit can be adjusted so that it fits great. With out question i like the Dragon slayer the best,not even close. It would not be as good as a pure meat hauler as the Janseen or maybe the x2 shelf(but would carry a lot more weight more comfortably then the x2)

I am with Elkhunter on this one. I got a horn hunter full curl pack system this year for shed hunting and all I can say is WOW. This thing is capable of doing so much. I absolutely love it; works great for a day hike or a week pack hunt. The only complaint I have is while breaking in the waist straps, they were a little stuff and I did get bruises from them digging into my hip bones (I am tall and skinny) and after months of use, mine started to develop a sqeek when I walk which drives me nuts, but I think I can fix it with a little talc powder. ;)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom