Back surgery

Long Time Member
So here lay the dilema. Finally got my consult with the heavy duty surgeon. Bottom line is the risk benefit assessment makes me a lousy candidate. Back to the lightweight surgeon. He wants to implant a back stim which is the equivalent of a pacemaker for the back. Electric stim in the thoracic spine essentially cuts communication with lower than pain receptors to the brain. If that works, I get another in the c spine. Anyone done this? Good bad and ugly please. Feels promising to me but I don't want to walk I to a bear trap either. It would be nice to be able to do what I used to.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I am a physical Therapist, back stimulator can relieve symptoms successfully in most patients with back pain. Key word is relieve. Seldom if ever is relief 100% but relief is great enough to allow our patients to perform most activity within reason. I do not remember any patient say that they wish that they had not had the stimulated installed. Good luck

1911....exactly what problem do you have with your back, is it herniated disc's? I have been dealing with lower back pain for almost 40 years now and most of my disc in back are bad along with Arthiritus (sp?) but will not take a chance of making it worse than it is already.

My good friend in Albq. has been in 3 or 4 times in the past few years and had what he calls "cement" injected into the bad disc areas and walks out the next day. He also has other problems so it is just a "fixit" for the time being.

Good luck on what ever you decide and good luck.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Kilo he was the inspiration for the movie brokeback mountain and that is what's wrong with him... Just sayin

2311idiot.jpg

I agree with Chubby.

Are you sure it's your back that hurts? Might want to get a colonoscopy and have that hamster and pecker removed first. That's gotta be uncomfortable.

I'd bill Titty for half, seeings how he's responsible for it.

And then I'd talk to Founder bout getting some kind of health insurance at the clubhouse. I gotta feeling yours won't be the last case.

Are the back problems related to being rear ended too many times? Perhaps you qualify for LBGT disability.

>1911....exactly what problem do you have
>with your back, is it
>herniated disc's? I have
>been dealing with lower back
>pain for almost 40 years
>now and most of my
>disc in back are bad
>along with Arthiritus (sp?) but
>will not take a chance
>of making it worse than
>it is already.
>
>My good friend in Albq. has
>been in 3 or 4
>times in the past few
>years and had what he
>calls "cement" injected into the
>bad disc areas and walks
>out the next day.
>He also has other problems
>so it is just a
>"fixit" for the time being.
>
>
>Good luck on what ever you
>decide and good luck.
>
>Brian
>http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Kilo, my issues are discs in my lumbar and c spine from the time somebody went all Dukes of Hazard into my trunk.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Good luck, and if you're forced to leave LE you have a bright future as a conservative author or talk show host.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom