Back surgery.

Long Time Member
The good, the bad, and the ugly. Let's hear it. It appears to be looming on my horizon the repair L-spine, T-spine, and C-spine damage. Scares the hell out of me.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Back pain is as bad as it gets. Hopefully they can repair it and all will be great.
I was T-boned 10 years ago and made the mistake of just dealing with the pain. For years if I moved wrong or tried twisting it put me on the floor. Now it feels like a knot in my back and stiffens up and even locks up at times but it is pretty good.
Let's just say I didn't want to know what was wrong so I ignored it hoping it would go away. Now I'm considering going in just to see.
Overton and The guys at the Chubhouse are worried it will put me out of commission.
Good luck! !!

I had degenerated discs crushing my sciatic nerve. I was in great pain for about 3 years( Morphine and Norco). Finally the doctors did a MRI instead of X-rays and found the problem. I had a spinal fusion and they did a ream job for the nerve. I left the hospital the day after surgery and all was much better in a couple of weeks. Get the operation it will really help.

Get it done.

I injured my back at work in about 2000. I did the rest and rehab, pain pills. Go back to work, re-injure, rest, rehab, pain pills. I did that for 13 years. Finally the company said go to the doctor and don't come back until you get a full release. The doctor said to file for SS disability. So I just retired, no disability for me. Now I just rest and pain pills as needed, which is minimal now that I no longer work.

Get it done.

Eel

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-17-14 AT 01:25PM (MST)[p]Does your doc say if laser surgery is an option?

Is fusion a possibility?

I'm looking at surgery #2 and laser is not an option.

Get a second opinion.

Brandon....I have been dealing with back pain for over 40 years and no surgery yet. Not sure if I want to let some Dr. doing his thing so close to my spinal column so just try to keep somewhat active. I have a stiff neck, same with lower back and now in my left knee. My right hand has damage to the carpel tunnel area and when it gets to the point of no feeling then I will let them cut/clean out that area of hand & elbow.

I use to go to a Chiro 3 times a week then he died on me and I started going to another one, my neighbor, and he sure has helped me out.

Pain is hard but crippled is worst, a slight slip with scalpel and nothing can be repaired to the spinal.

Yours might be different so make sure you see more than ONE DR. for opinions and procedures. Good luck.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

If you've got low back pain, surgery may or may not help. Now if you've got nerve pains in your leg, the surgery will most certainly help! I had mine worked on about 18 months ago, and while I'm not "better", I am most certainly "better"! Prior to the surgery, I was in almost constant pain from that dang sciatic nerve being pinched, now its more of an occasional nuisance. I'm able to do whatever I want as far as activity goes, hunting, working, biking, etc. In fact, the times I feel best is when I'm hunting every day, hiking 3-8 miles a day!

2a0fcsk.gif

LAST EDITED ON Sep-17-14 AT 06:05PM (MST)[p]I hurt my back last June while getting firewood. I dealt with the pain for a few weeks but it started feeling worse and I was really hunching over to the side. The doc said it was probably sciatica, gave me some muscle relaxers and some stretching to do.

A couple days later not feeling any better so I went to a chiropracter. He adjusted me on a Thursday and said come back monday unless it still hurts then come back tomorrow. Well I came back the next day and he adjusted me again. Well the third time was the charm on Monday, after that time on the table he asked me to walk around the room. I took one step and started to tip over. Uhh, you might need an MRI says the chiro. A little later that day I started going numb from the waist down and things not working right.

At this point I'm using crutches and a walker to get around. It takes a couple weeks to get an MRI. When the Doc gets my results back I get referred to the U of U neurological center. It ends up being a herniated disc at the L4-L5 that has my nerves pinched off in the spinal canal. I need a micro-discectomy they say

I go back on the 24th (opening day of the muzzleloader) for pre-op testing and the next day is surgery (my 43rd birthday). So it looks like this hunting season is pretty well shot for me.

Anybody in need of a beaver muzzleloader tag;-)

Yes by all means have the back surgery and have it done in Peru. Just give me time to get a 10 million dollar life insurgence policy on you first is all I ask.

2311idiot.jpg

I need a
>micro-discectomy they say
>
>I go back on the 24th
>(opening day of the muzzleloader)
>for pre-op testing and the
>next day is surgery (my
>43rd birthday). So it looks
>like this hunting season is
>pretty well shot for me.
>
>
>Anybody in need of a beaver
>muzzleloader tag;-)

This is basically what I had, except at L5-S1. You will wake up feeling better than you did when you got there. The only thing I wish I had done was get professional PT after my surgery, could have saved myself 2 months of recovery time. walking/jogging on the underwater treadmill was the best thing for me.
2a0fcsk.gif

I have lower back problems but who doesn't? My Buddy Larrbo last Late Summer, just couldn't stand the pain any longer and had a surgery. He was out and about, playing Golf in Weeks and went on a Nevada Muley hunt, with Dr's clearance, way ahead of what i thought he would be able to.

The old days...bad news!
Nowadays...i guess it's the way to go!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

1911, are you finally gonna get your a$$hole moved to your backside?

;-)

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom