back pack mounts

mntman

Long Time Member
Does anyone have a pic of a taxidermy mount where they had just the head and the hide rolled up and mounted on a old pack frame which they then hung on the wall?
Thanks
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I don't have a pic of one but I've thought about doing that with my nanny goat I hopefully get next week. The cabelas in grand junction has a Dall sheep rolled up on an old pack. It's a cool mount for sure.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-27-12 AT 12:17PM (MST)[p]Marley, that is my plan too. I have a nanny tag her in CO. I hate counting my chickens before they hatch but kinda want to have a plan for the hide...
Good Luck to you.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

My taxidermist is in woodland Park and he has been dying to do one like that. There's a few really cool, old wooden frame packs on eBay right now that would look really cool. I can't decide if I want to do that or mount the goat dead underneath my mountain lion.

It sounds cool but personally, I wouldn't mount a critter to something that had nothing to do with the hunt. Unless a two dollar, wooden framed pack was used to carry it out...I'm not sure I see the draw to that. Might as well stick an obsidian spear point in his head too. Just my lame opinion though.

Stephan W. out of Coalville did a deer for the expo and it looked really good, he scored real high and did a great job on it.

Skull Designs: Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

Here is a picture I took last year at the Hunting Expo, I thought It was pretty cool looking

Here is a photo I took last year at the Hunting Expo. I thought it look pretty cool!
34742012-02-11_14.08.45.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom