Back from 2nd Antelope Scouting Trip

S

Slide

Well, I just got back from my second trip scouting antelope in the S. Wagontire unit. Saw A LOT of antelope and 3-4 really nice antelope bucks. Had a lot of fun and got to see a couple dandy mule deer bucks as well, I mean really nice bucks. I have 2 or 3 pts for deer and I'm hoping I can draw this unit next year and I hope the deer are still there. I'm heading out for my hunt on the 21st of August, so I will get 4 more days of scouting in befre the season, I just hope I can locate those antelope again.

Slide

Sounds like you had an excellent trip. I go over in that area in the winter time to hunt rabbits and coyotes. We have seen some dandy bucks over there. I saw one of the biggest bucks ive seen over there. He was well over 30". Hopefully your antelope are in a remote area. If they are, they will be there when the season opens. I drew a tag for Malheur River 4 years ago and my dad and I killed 2 bucks. I took my friend to the same exact location last year and he killed his buck 2 hrs. into opening day. They were in a very remote location that not alot of people know about. Good luck on your antelope hunt. Post some pictures when you get back.

Dave

Slide,
I've been wondering how things are going - glad to know that you found some better bucks. I bet it was hot overthere this weekend its been hotter than heck all week. Good luck and keep the posts coming - get a good one!!!

Thank youa and I will, I just got back from a family vacation to Tahoe. You know I had to stop at Cabeas and Scheels.

I don't know how to post pics. so hopefully if I'm lucky I will have some to post, but i will need a little help. I can't believe i leave in two weeks wow it's comin fast now.

Slide

Back
Top Bottom