Back Country First aid kit recommendations

Build your own. Thats what I do. This way you can tailer to fits your needs and won't contain any unwanted garbage that you get with a store bought kit.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

take duct tape and wrap around some rope or a pill bottle full of fire starter or anything. never know when you need to duct tape.....

I like to take that tough first aid tape. It'll serve as a bandaid or can be used to repair a piece of equipment. Space blanket, moleskin, tylenol, and tylenol PM to knock me out when I'm too excited for the hunt :) My "grizzly country" kit is very different from my "dink around the mountains" kit.

I carry an Israeli battle dressing, quickclot, tape, gauze, tweezers, bandaids, advil. Great idea on the superglue and duct tape. I will add it soon.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-12 AT 10:30PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-12 AT 10:28?PM (MST)

I was given a first aid kit from a company called Shield Safety. I was on their website and they are pretty pricey but they do provide a lot of good stuff instead of the poor quality items that you would find in a typical store bought first aid kit. For some reason they don't list everything in the hunter edition kit, but if you look at their mobile edition kit it does list everything in it. There are very small differences between the two and are almost identical in the items. The hunter version does have the quick clot. The company is a local Utah company so that's always a bonus as well.

As was mentioned already, if you decide to build one yourself you can always use the list they have on the mobile version as a guide and purchase the items that you want from whatever supplier you want. You might not want everything on the list so then you can custom tailor it to your liking.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom